8 CHANNEL REMOTE PROGRAMMING

Jsteencken

8 CHANNEL REMOTE PROGRAMMING

Post by Jsteencken »

I purchased an 8 channel 4 mode Momentary/Toggle/Latch/Combo Selectable remote module on ebay. I have similar problems as some of the other posts I have been reading regarding programming to work as indicated between modes . I think part of my issue is incorrect documentation. My unit does have the learn feature and does have the buzzer however is does not look as pictured here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11 or as pictured on ebay, my unit has four relays on each side of the board. I did some experimenting using some of the keys not indicated in the programming table and the states can be changed, but it is confusing to what. For example, by programming in key 3, it appears to be in the toggle mode for all 8 channels. Key 3 is nowhere in the table.
Is there correct documentation for this unit and is there a better description on how you define the modes (Momentary/Toggle/Latch/Combo) ?
For example, on the ebay ad, latched is unclear: "press>ON, Release >On" How is it unlatched? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Tech_Marco

Re: 8 CHANNEL REMOTE PROGRAMMING

Post by Tech_Marco »

Get the new manual for the 8ch 1527chipset. They may not look the same but programming instruction is pretty much the same
Jsteencken

Post by Jsteencken »

Tech_Marco wrote:Get the new manual for the 8ch 1527chipset. They may not look the same but programming instruction is pretty much the same

I have looked in the list of instruction and the are none for the 1527 chipset. Is there another location to find it? Thank You
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Try this one see if it works. If not, then I need to get an update:

http://lightobject.info/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=246
Jsteencken

Post by Jsteencken »

Tech_Marco wrote:Try this one see if it works. If not, then I need to get an update:

http://lightobject.info/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=246

Thank you. This will not work for the module I have. My unit does not have any jumpers. I have tried various programming from the instructions I found, but none of them work as indicated. Programming changes can be made, but not using any keys indicated in any of the table in any of the instruction I look in. If you have that update I will give it a try. Thanks again.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

What kind of relay setup of your 8Ch? (4 + 4) or (6+2) setup?

I'll get an update from the supplier . Sorry for the inconvenience, I don't underdstand how could I not post the proper instruction for the 8CH. I'm confused sometimes :?
Jsteencken

Post by Jsteencken »

Hey, no inconvenience. Things happen. No big rush I am still integrating this into my robotics project. Thanks very much for the help.
Jeff
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Just posted a simple instruction , try it
klyde1

Post by klyde1 »

I cannot find your simple instruction. We are having trouble programming our 8 ch. device. We have used the programming instructions which say use the learning button and in our case want 1-6 to be momentary and 7, and 8 toggle. Although we follow the instructions given for 8 Channel (RF8A IC: 1527) using key # 4, we get 1-4 momentary and 5-8 toggle
Circuit bd # HG408PG
klyde1

Post by klyde1 »

I went to your suggested source and got the statement that key #4 would yield 1-6 momentary and 7-8 toggle. Exactly what I wanted. However what I got was: 1-4 momentary and 5-8 latching like a shift register.

I made up a test board using lights on the controller relay outputs and got the following:
key # 1. All 8 momentary
2. 1-8 like a shift register. e.g 1 goes on when pressed off when 2 is pressed with 2 coming on etc.
3. All toggle. e.g press 1 it comes on press it again and it goes off
4. 1-4 momentary with 5-8 acting like a shift register e.g 2 above
5. 1-6 momentary with 7-8 latching but 8 turns 7 off and vice versa
6. 1-4 shift register and 5-8 momentary
7. 1-4 momentary and 5-8 toggle
8. 1-6 toggle and 7-8 momentary.

I like the hardware but I sure don't like the documentation and communication to get problems resolved.

Return to “RF Wireless Controller”