How to reset on E5 pad to origin

marko53

How to reset on E5 pad to origin

Post by marko53 »

Hello,
I've just finished wiring up a DIY 500 x 300 kit with the E5 controller and LaserCad V7.98.15 . I'm running Windows 10 64bit. The Lasercad program is not connecting to the machine "communication unsuccesful" . I have rebooted, tried different USB ports, no luck. When I press Reset on the E5 keypad the gantry slams into the lower right corner and reset never completes because I hit "Stop" to halt the gantry slamming. I can hear the computer chime, like somethings trying to hookup when I hit reset on the E5 . I feel if I could get a successful reset the computer might finally recognize the machine.
Any ideas on how to set the origin on the machine via the keypad to stop the gantry slamming or any other solution to getting the computer to recognize the machine? Thanks, Mark
Tech_Marco

Re: How to reset on E5 pad to origin

Post by Tech_Marco »

There is a button 'Origin' at the bottom Left. Press it and it will set the current laser head location as the Origin

Marco
marko53

Post by marko53 »

Pressing the "Origin" button on the E5 doesn't seem to have any influence on where the Laser Head
moves when I press Reset. It still wants to bang into the lower right corner of the frame.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

That mean you haven't configured the gantry direction properly. Where I'd your limit swiches installed at?
You can stop the gantry when power it up before hitting the ramp. Then, go to parameters setup uner Option. Look at something name ' Datum' and set the direction , for X and/or Y or both

See FAQ on the forum should get you through this setup

Marco
marko53

Post by marko53 »

Thank you for your replies by the way.
These parameter choices must be in the LaserCad software I think.
I checked all the menus on the E5 and could not find the choices you mentioned.
One of my issures is the computer and machine are not talking to each other so
changing something in LaserCad is not going to work.
BTW you asked about the limit swithes. I have them in the upper left corner and
they don't seem to have an effect on the stopping of the laserhead. They are the
magnetic type supplied in the kit.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

First thing you must done is to make sure there is a " talk" between the PC and the DSP card. You need to install driver or it won't communicate. Parameters setup must gone through the LaserCad in your case.

-M
marko53

Post by marko53 »

Thanks Marco, finally got everything talking to each other.
mrsunnylam

Post by mrsunnylam »

In this case the laser hadn't kept slamming against the side because it did not know where the limit switches were. So in the software you have to tell the machine where the limit switches are located. For example top right. But the secondary issue was that the driver was not installed so the machine and the computer cannot talk to each other.

Return to “DSP E5”