Wiring ULS Laser Source to T9 Controller

Tech_Marco

Re: Wiring ULS Laser Source to T9 Controller

Post by Tech_Marco »

Why are you using LaserCad? Your controller is T9 and you should get the "LaserSoft" instead
You may chose "Pre-ignition" for your RF. I am still buying to use the "TTL-" but not the TTL+

Marco
jtma508

Post by jtma508 »

I'm seeing that the RF1 output modulates between 0.14v at idle up to 0.76 when a job is running. But that high value does not change when the laser power parameters are changed. Shouldn't it?
jtma508

Post by jtma508 »

Tech_Marco wrote:Why are you using LaserCad? Your controller is T9 and you should get the "LaserSoft" instead
You may chose "Pre-ignition" for your RF. I am still buying to use the "TTL-" but not the TTL+
Marco
Yea, my mistake. I saw you refer to a built-in um Calculator in LaserCad in the FAQ. I didn't realize it was in LaserSoft as well. My bad. I figured it out and have the motor thing straightened out. Thanks for the help on that.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

jtma508 wrote:I'm seeing that the RF1 output modulates between 0.14v at idle up to 0.76 when a job is running. But that high value does not change when the laser power parameters are changed. Shouldn't it?
When you test the output signal, was the output loaded or unloaded? Try measure the signal with open connection. I want to see the actual output from the board. Also, did you set up the parameters on LaserSoft? Select "RF" and select "Pr-ignition" ?

You're one step closer!!!
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

jtma508 wrote:
Tech_Marco wrote:Why are you using LaserCad? Your controller is T9 and you should get the "LaserSoft" instead
Marco
Yea, my mistake. I saw you refer to a built-in um Calculator in LaserCad in the FAQ. I didn't realize it was in LaserSoft as well. My bad. I figured it out and have the motor thing straightened out. Thanks for the help on that.

hammer hammer hammer
jtma508

Post by jtma508 »

Got it!!! It was the LaserMode setting that was making it 'seem' like it was misbehaving. I switched to manual and it is working correctly.

Thanks you SO much Marco for your patience and help. You've been awesome.

BTW... would your systems work with a Fiber Laser? If not could your people build a controller that would?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Great job!!

The regular DSP controller can't handle fiber laser machine. You need one to be able to provide more feature for metal cutting like leading line, burst hole, oxygen and nitrogen air control,.......etc!

I do have sources for fiber laser cutting controller and it is currently being used in our metal cutter. It is not just a fiber controller but it has to work in conjunction with a auto laser head (focusing) system. It is Pro system and won't be cheap though. For lite version, it cost $2500 while full version is $3500. If interested, I can post the pictures here.

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Do me a favor, would you?

Can you please leave us some feedback on CNCZone.com and/or SawMillcreek.org? And write a comment about the T9 on our website? smile

We found that our company explosion to the public is very limited and not too many people know us well. By having your feedback, it will help us to promote the new T9 controller and built up our company reputation. Even though we're selling products imported from China but we sell quality products only and we provide tech support. Unlike those eBay seller selling laser products from China, most of them don't know what're they selling and provide very limited support if not "zero'.

Appreciate for your support and choosing our services!

Thanks
Marco
jtma508

Post by jtma508 »

I'll definitely want to talk to you about fiber controllers.

And although I'm not sure I want people to know about how awesome this system is (someday I'll tell you what I actually did here) , I'll be happy to provide some positive feedback. You deserve it.
jtma508

Post by jtma508 »

I notice that files download to the controller very slowly (46.5kB/s) and the system reports a file size 10x that of the actual file (the file I'm working with at the moment is 2.87Mb but the controller is saying 27.55Mb. Why is that?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Yes, the first patch T9 is slow but a patch is ready to correct it.
Try this patch: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3607

If you still want faster transfer, use Ethernet and it should be at least 2x faster

Marco
jtma508

Post by jtma508 »

Awesome. Thanks.
Dannym

Post by Dannym »

This looks like a ULR-60 tube. It is not actually made by ULS, it's from Sintec Optronics.

It is fine to drive to 100% PWM duty, including just giving a DC 5v "always-on" on the modulation input.

The tube's built-in controller provides the preionizer "tickle" signal. It is unnecessary for the laser controller to provide it. I don't know what the T9 does for the "RF laser" selection. I thought that might mean it periodically sends preionizer pulses when otherwise off, but nothing like that is described. If that's what "RF laser" means in the T9, you don't need- or want- to select it. I believe "preionizer"/tickle is different than "preignition". The preionizer is a very light-duty pulse that is too weak to achieve cutting but keeps the gas ionized whenever the Interlock signal is good. It is generated inside the ULR-60 tube driver. Preignition may mean firing up the laser at power a few ms before the intended start point.

Do you know if this tube works? When they're all lasered-out, the beam may fire weakly and inconsistently, or not at all, but they can be refilled. I've had an RF supply failure where it wouldn't fire at all.
jtma508

Post by jtma508 »

Yes. It is absolutely a ULS laser source. The trickle charge is handled internally. The source is a 35w RF source, It works, has been recently recharged and I have it up and running perfectly with the T9 using the RF output.

Return to “DSP T9”