Tuning JLD150W CO2 Power Supply

kmyerslp

Tuning JLD150W CO2 Power Supply

Post by kmyerslp »

There is no accessible trim pots on the outside of this power supply but there are 4 on the inside. Do you have any manual on which one will adjust the max mA to the tube?
Tech_Marco

Re: Tuning JLD150W CO2 Power Supply

Post by Tech_Marco »

You are not supposed to touch the four VR pots! It may not fire if you touch it and we won't be able to fine tuned it back

You can setup an external VR to control the current
Just download the the power supply basic manual and you will will see the connection for both PWM and manually control

Btw, you are supposed to control the current through a laser controller board.

Marco
kmyerslp

Post by kmyerslp »

Mine is controlled through the R5 DSP controller but my workable range is 10% (min to fire) to 55% (26mA) I would like to change it so 26mA through the tube equals 100% on the controller.

Edit: Also there is no link for a manual on your power supply page. Can you give me a link to it?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18

There is no way you can do about the 10% triggering. Some may say that by injection of certain level to make it possible but let me tell you that doing so may lead to non reversible "damages " to body injuries! Don't do it!! I am repeating to say again "don't do stupid things on laser or you regret "

You can use a potentiometer (VR) to make it possible to do 100% to represent 26mA. To me it is not that important but the true current flowing through the tube is more important. Remember that tube and power supply act differently even for the same model power supply and/ or tube. Just jet used to the % make yourself easiler to the machines.

Anyway, it will be my next request to the T9 DSP programmer that using a "100%" on each job layer to represent the max current.

Marco
kmyerslp

Post by kmyerslp »

That would make things a lot easier to be able to set things like that. It could probably be something programmed into Lo works/rdworks as well.

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”