Laser won't turn off

photozz

Laser won't turn off

Post by photozz »

Hi guys,

I need a little help with a somewhat dangerous situation. have a cheapie Chinese laser and I finally decided to upgrade. I ordered the Element E5 DSP Upgrade Kit for D/K40 Small CO2 Laser Machine which includes the DSP Laser Controller Card Element-5 E5. I also ordered and am using the 20W~45W PWM CO2 Laser Power Supply (AC110V).

I have it all wired up per this diagram viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3313

I have the water protect bypassed at the moment, I'll get a sensor for that shortly.

When I fire the laser from the button on the panel, it does not pulse, it turns on and won't shut off until I hit the reset on the panel or turn off the power. It does the same thing if I fire it through the software as well. If I start a cut, the laser remains on the entire time, causing cut lines where they should not be. If I leave the main power on, but do a reset (reboot?) on the controller, the laser shuts off.

Any idea where I should start? I checked the wiring between the controller and the laser power supply, I'm somewhat out of ideas.
Tech_Marco

Re: Laser won't turn off

Post by Tech_Marco »

Check the "TH" and "TL" connection see if reversed.
Then, check TTL and PWM connection if reversed.
Check the firing mode on LaserCad, Positive or Negative. If you're connecting TL to ground, choose 'Negative'. Otherwise, choose Positive.

Marco

Return to “DSP X7”