Help please! how to make a belt

Badfrog

Help please! how to make a belt

Post by Badfrog »

I am building a DIY rotary for my K40... I have ordered bulk belt material; once I have determined the proper length, what is the best method to connect the ends? super glue?
Tech_Marco

Re: Help please! how to make a belt

Post by Tech_Marco »

You can't glue a belt!!
It must be a complete belt without any cut. Instead, you need to add a 'tension' adjustable mount to make the job possible

Marco
Badfrog

Post by Badfrog »

Then I guess I dont understand why Lightobject sells belt material by the roll with a 5' minimum order...
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

May be you should do some study to learn what kind of belt to be used for the specified job before accusing us.

Marco
tks546

Post by tks546 »

Badfrog wrote:Then I guess I dont understand why Lightobject sells belt material by the roll with a 5' minimum order...
Belt material is used for other applications like moving the laser head, where the belt is connected on both sides of the assembly to form a loop.
SWMS

Post by SWMS »

Tech_Marco

I realise your english isn't great but your customer service dialogue doesn't come across as very friendly :) I just thought I'd point that out. Even in the UK where I don't think we are known for our great customer service it would be seen as marginally aggressive. I don't see bad frog being particularly rude. He is saying he doesn't understand.

Bad frog, you have to have some way of clamping the join in the belt. You need to realise that the belt will only go back and for and the clamp point will never move over the 'cog' of the stepper motor. An example would be clamp both ends of the belt on the carriage at the point where the x stage touches the y stage.

If this was a pulley system where the belt moved all the way around you'd have to order a custom loop of belt from a company that can make it for you in once piece but this isn't, it only moves back and for. Its sold in a minimum 5' order so that you can use several lengths and clamp them :)
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Thank you for your commend. May be you're right but no body is identical to each other and no one is perfect. We react differently toward to things that we heard or we saw. That made us different and it make us unique to other. I don't mean that you're wrong. It is just the way we see things in different way. I hardly lose my temper or show my anger if other parties are nice to me. I will get upset they say something offensive (based on my perception). May be I'm over sensitive but you and me are having different in both physical and mentally, even though we are all human being. Human are unique, or 'strange' in some time. :) .

We always see others 'weakness' but we seldom admire others' goodness. We always see our goodness but hardly can we see our weakness. I know my English is bad but I tried really hard to improve it. Paying someone $48 an hrs for English tutoring but still got me no where of getting better. I started to realize I'm who I'm, I can't change much. I came from a city where English was not my native language. My English tutor then talked to me, why did I need to be perfect in English. Why would I need to remove my accent? The really me is, I'm who I'm. Keep the culture and keep the accent. Who can handle two different language (not English vs. Spanish. Or, not English vs French) by the way. Focus on what I can offer: Support! I guess he said it right. :roll:

Marco
DonL

Post by DonL »

Even those that speak perfect english are often accused of being rude or abrupt or insulting in a text environment. That was why emdicons were invented, smile
Because people sometimes take things the wrong way. This has been a problem for many years and people should have a bit of understanding when reading messages, they may not be intended to be rude.

English is notoriously bad for words being taken the wrong way,
try this one for example

After taking a shot with his bow, the archer took a bow. why is the word bow pernounced differently and mean different things just because of where it is...
After taking a shot with his bow, the archer, took a bow. In this sentance the archer took a bow as in took it home...

No wonder we all get misunderstood so please consider that the angry message was not ment as such but was just poor wording with no emodicons :mrgreen:

Don
laserdude

Post by laserdude »

Marco, if you think someone is accusing you, perhaps you should pause for a long while before responding. If there is someone in your office who has excellent English skills, ask them to compose a response. If you want your business to grow, you cannot offend even a single customer!
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Yes, that's what I thought. I may just choose to ignore those post rather than showing my frustration. With my second class English, I may not be able to show what I really mean but being interpreted as offensive. For example, I like to use "!" to emphasis my point but I was told that it could lead to misunderstand of being mean.

Thank you folks for the advise. My apology for any uncomfortable may caused by this post.

Marco
SWMS

Post by SWMS »

Your English isn't second class Marco. I have a Portuguese friend who moved to the UK, then to Canada and still has the same English. Instead of his english improving everyone got used to it and now understands him :) There are people who are native to English speaking countries and can't speak it. Your english will improve naturally in time anyway, its an ever evolving thing. I wasn't commenting on your english skills, I was taking into account that your english can be a little broken but your response sounded harsh :)

Moving on from this...... Has anyone managed to super glue this belt together yet? :)
DonL

Post by DonL »

SWMS wrote: Moving on from this...... Has anyone managed to super glue this belt together yet? :)
I have seen belts that were stitched but not glued, crazy glue may hold the belt together but it is not flexible so if that section goes around a drive or idler, it will cause a jump or break the belt at the bond., nd you need to ensure the cuts are exact so the tooth spacing where the bond is matches all the rest of the teeth.
SWMS

Post by SWMS »

I was in fact joking about gluing the belt :)
DonL

Post by DonL »

SWMS wrote:I was in fact joking about gluing the belt :)

Good one.... I totally fell for it :lol:

Return to “D40/K40 small chinese CO2 laser machine”