Air assist Relay wiring

kmyerslp

Air assist Relay wiring

Post by kmyerslp »

When I check the voltages from output 1 or air assist while the laser is on I get a reading. Whenever I hook these ports up to any 6/12/24V relay the voltage reads zero and will not trigger it. How am I suppose to wire a relay to turn on my air assist with the R5?
Techgraphix

Re: Air assist Relay wiring

Post by Techgraphix »

These outputs can drive only a few mA's. It is not wise to drive any relay (except for SolidState-relays) direct from the controller.
Relais Always should be combined with a diode to suppress the inductionvoltages of a relay. This can blow your controller, seriously.
Relais with Diodes are DC-types and have a polarity. When reversed, they shortcircuit the output.
The coil of the relay can draw too much current too
If your AirAssist pump or solenoid is mains-voltage (115/230V), consider using a solidstate relay with zero-crossing-detection.
In rare cases, the pump won't switch off, although the led on the SSR is dimmed. In that case you can parallel a resistor of ~10K/5W over the pump.
The pump has to low power or is to capacitive. the SSR can't handle it correctly then.

Kees
kmyerslp

Post by kmyerslp »

Alright, I have a SSR 3-30V DC to 110-220V AC. Which pins do I hook it up to?
Techgraphix

Post by Techgraphix »

I don't have an R5, so you should check the manual.
I think you have to connect the +(3-30V) of the SSR to the +Vcc of the controller and the -(3-30V) to the output of the controller.
Which output? You should find it in the manual..

Kees
kmyerslp

Post by kmyerslp »

Thank you for the response. I finally got it figured out and it works great. :)

Return to “DSP R5”