Is the LO RDworks V8.01.16 available?

GeneMpls

Is the LO RDworks V8.01.16 available?

Post by GeneMpls »

Hi Marco- I cannot find it and it has a fix for a specific problem. Thanks Gene
Tech_Marco

Re: Is the LO RDworks V8.01.16 available?

Post by Tech_Marco »

I just made a request to the RD. Let's see

Marco
Tim

Post by Tim »

Gene,

What's the fix that you are looking for? I did not find the .16 version, but I see this version on the manufacture's site.

http://www.rd-acs.com/Private/Files/035 ... 600ae4.rar

I don't know if it will work with the DSP-R5 controller.

-Tim
GeneMpls

Post by GeneMpls »

Thanks Marco- Tim attached a .18 version- must be new?. Tim- the LO version is changed slightly for some reason, the normal Ruida version will not work for LO DSPs.
GeneMpls

Post by GeneMpls »

I found that I have difficulty to get support from RU - R5!! That company seems not willing to do tech support at all. So, I'll not carry their DSP card after selling all remaining R5
I am getting nervous Marco- can you unlock the R5s so that we can use the normal updates to RDworks? I have 2 of them and was just about to sell one to a friend, which in good concience I cannot do it we are locked into version .01.11- Gene :?:
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Finally, I got replies from Ruda. They told me that he would send me a batch and the latest software
Scary...but should be OK now

Marco
GeneMpls

Post by GeneMpls »

Tech_Marco wrote:Finally, I got replies from Ruda. They told me that he would send me a batch and the latest software
Scary...but should be OK now Marco
Thank you Sir. For going forward with this, would it be possible to find out how to unlock the DSP so that it will use the 'official' software version? Thanks Gene
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

That's what I though also. I was planning to do deep join venture with the Ruda but it seems to me that they don't really care much. Probably we're a small company and the quantity we sold didn't really mean a bit to their market share. Therefore, I decided to have stronger tide with Anywell and promote the X7 and related controller to the best I can. Me and the programmer Li always have a chat now and we discussed a lot of improving issues. I know that LaserCad is far from perfect but trust me, we can make it better! For example, Li just sent me an update patch for X7 and it really save me from the trouble of having wobbles issue on a large format machine:2500x1400 sold to IOWA and to San Francisco. After the patch, the machine now can do small circle cutting as small as 10mm without wobbles in decent speed. I know 10mm is nothing for mid size machine or for small machine. But for tube ride-on machine, the mass gantry is very troublesome when handling small circular movement. Now, we can cut it 28mm plywood with up to 80mm/s and only tiny little waves can be seem. Once it cut through, it is almost not noticeable!

The boss from Ruda promised me the patch in next few days. Let's see how it go

Marco
GeneMpls

Post by GeneMpls »

Tech_Marco wrote: The boss from Ruda promised me the patch in next few days. Let's see how it go
Marco
Thank you- I have heard that Ruida is not very responsive before. I do like the software (RDworks), but it would be good to have some feedback on the other hand. The feature I really need is the cut parameter library so the machine can be used by a semi-inexperienced person. Thanks Gene
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Gene:

Finally I received the update LO-Work from the RuiDa. Even through the road was a little bumpy, I did find my way home smile

Here you go: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2793&p=13441#p13441

Marco
GeneMpls

Post by GeneMpls »

Thank you Sir. I don't know if the manual changed, but it does not open/download. Gene
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I don't see any problem here. It is a .pdf file. It should open when you click on the manual link

Marco
GeneMpls

Post by GeneMpls »

Could be my puter- I have about a dozen programs and windows open right now. i will try later. Gene
GeneMpls

Post by GeneMpls »

Marco- I tried on 3 different computers- could you email me the manual? [email protected]
Thanks Gene
GeneMpls

Post by GeneMpls »

GeneMpls wrote:
I found that I have difficulty to get support from RU - R5!! That company seems not willing to do tech support at all. So, I'll not carry their DSP card after selling all remaining R5
I am getting nervous Marco- can you unlock the R5s so that we can use the normal updates to RDworks? I have 2 of them and was just about to sell one to a friend, which in good concience I cannot do it we are locked into version .01.11- Gene :?:
Hi again Marco- Ruida has version V8.01.22 available now, might be time to restart the process of getting a LO R5 update. Still wondering if we can alter the R5 so as not to require a special version? Last I checked you were still selling R5 dsps? thanks Gene

Return to “DSP R5”