Is the LO RDworks V8.01.16 available?

Tech_Marco

Re: Is the LO RDworks V8.01.16 available?

Post by Tech_Marco »

Hi Gene

Let me chat with their tech see if there is any major changes applied to the new version. If there is no major change or bugs fixed, I will not upgrade the software if it is running smoothly on your machine even though many of you folks hoping that there would be a big leap of change on the software.

I have asked Ruda for a reverses patch that allow the R5 to run on regular Rework but they declined. The reason was that they wanted me to carry their card.

Regards
Marco
GeneMpls

Post by GeneMpls »

Thanks Marco- we have a RDworks forum- I can try to get a read on the new features, too. Gene
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I just got reply from Ruida's tech Guy, he is going to send me a copy in a day or so.

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Hello all, as promised I just posted the latest software for the R5
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2793&p=13441#p13441

Regards,
Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Hi Folks:

We have reached a deal with Ruida for new controller that based on the R6442. They are going to do software change on it. Plus, some of you know that 'Lightburn' support the R5. Actually, I'm not sure why Lightburn are getting so popular. Can someone explain to me why?

For the new software, I have asked the programmer to add support on the 4th axis as for the rotary. And, there is Z+/Z- & U+/U- on the front panel. That way, you don't need to press 'U/Z' key to get down to the submenu before being able to control Z or U. Also, there will be a few new features will be added like 'welding' , 'PPI', and a few other goodies.

Any suggestion, feel free to let me know. It is going to take possible 4~6 weeks for the upgrade and for the new front panel design.

Thanks
Marco
hube268

Post by hube268 »

Hi Marco,
Are there any plans to add LightBurn support for LO-X7 or DSP T9?

To answer your previous questions, I think LightBurn has more widespread adoption and support than the Light Object Software. We've also experienced several issues with the LO Software especially with lots of errors importing DXF and PDF files into the software. The errors can include wrong scaling, slightly off dimensions even when scaled properly, and issues with arcs. If you know how to avoid these issues, I'm all ears since these have been very frustrating to deal with.

Thanks,
Stephen
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

X7, X7s, R5,R6 are all Lightburn supported. Currently Jason(Lightburn owner) is working on T9 and I I'll post update here if there is any progress.

Marco
rtfosmoe

Post by rtfosmoe »

Hello,

Any update on having Lightburn support the T9 controller?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I talked to the Lightburn owner, Jason and was told that he was too busy to work on it in the meantime. He did receive my codes templates and he had tried it. He said that once he got more free time , he would keep working on it

You may also contact him as well to let him know that many of your want Lightburn supported for T9

Marco

Return to “DSP R5”