RS485 Data Registers for HB416PVA or JLD416PVA Power Meter

ashurst

RS485 Data Registers for HB416PVA or JLD416PVA Power Meter

Post by ashurst »

I recently purchased a HB416PVA AC power meter with RS-485 Communications capability (actual device is marked JLD416PVA). I have the unit in good working order - very easy to setup, and it seems to be very accurate. Now, I need to establish RS-485 communications with the device. I am using a FTDI USB to RS485 physical adapter and a virtual COM port software layer. What I think I need now is the list of registers (memory addresses) that hold the relevant instrument parameters and readings. Alternatively, any pre-existing software that is known to communicate with the power meter would be helpful. I intend on using MATLAB with its instrument control toolbox to effect the MODBUS communication. The register information does not seem to be in any of the documentation that I am able to find. I appreciate any help that you can provide.

Thanks!
ashurst

Re: RS485 Data Registers for HB416PVA or JLD416PVA Power Met

Post by ashurst »

Thanks to Marco, I have resolved the issue with reading data over RS-485. I have posted my solution in MATLAB on the MathWorks file exchange system, MATLABCentral. It can be found at the link given below. I hope this is useful. I would appreciate any constructive feedback.

http://www.mathworks.cn/matlabcentral/f ... ower-meter

Return to “Digital/ Analog Meter”