JLD404 AC Wattmeter

rgangell

JLD404 AC Wattmeter

Post by rgangell »

I'm confused by the website's product listings for AC wattmeters. I want one like the JLD404PWA-1B. But the website also lists that model number with suffix 1R1 and 1R0 in place of 1B. The differences are stated as Red LED instead of blue, and either with control or without control (whatever that means). The headings on those listings say the meters are for AC, but the specs show DC parameters. Maybe these are DC powered but measure AC, however the specs also say they are DC meters. But your DC meters have product numbers ending in PWD, not PWA. Clearly there are many discrepancies to be fixed.

Also, the manual I downloaded for the AC meter is also confusing. It states an Accuracy of 0.5 - presumably that's 0.5W. It also states DC accuracy of +/-1%, but is that really supposed to be AC accuracy? And is it really 1% or some other value? Is there really a 20mA analog output (listed as 'optional'), or is that only for the DC wattmeters? The front of the sheet states AC input from 0 to 400V in one place, then 85 to 360V in the next section, and the back - showing the terminals - states 85 to 260V. Which is correct? Finally, the example shows a password of 0089 for setting the operating parameters, but the instructions (on the front) are missing that bit of information...

The important question (so I can make my purchase) is how many models of the AC wattmeter are there? And if there are 3, what's the difference between them? I'd of course prefer to pay $45 instead of $69 if the 1R0 will do what I need, but it would have to be an AC meter, running on AC.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Tech_Marco

Re: JLD404 AC Wattmeter

Post by Tech_Marco »

Yes, there is some descriptive error and it should be fixed by now.

AC85V ~ 260V/ DC 85V~360V is operating power for the meter. AC400V is for the input, the much it can measure without a transformer. Remember, the meter can measure up to 9999A with help from a C.T. so power rating is not a fixed figure and your assumption of "0.5W" to some extend wasn't correct. Use 1% is more justify regarding precision matter.

20mA (optional). Means you pay for the optional feature.
rgangell

Post by rgangell »

Thanks for your prompt reply, Marco, and for updating the web pages. Let me confirm my understanding:
* Submodel 1B has a blue display; 1R1 and 1R0 are red.
* 1B has a 20ma output option (price not specified, but I don't need it anyway); the red units don't.
* 1B is only AC powered; the others run on AC or DC but all measure AC power.
* 1B and 1R1 have alarm relays; 1R0 does not.
* Finally, none of these units will display Volts or Amps; only the DC wattmeters can do that.

Am I correct on everything?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Yes, most of your assumption are correct.
Here my explaination:
B = Blue
R = Red
0 = no control
1 = control

For some reason, it can't display the V and A but DC type does. I talked to the manufacturer why didn't add that to the meter and they just said it's the way how it desgin. (killing me!)

I'm going to ask other guy to redisgin new one for me next couple months after he finished a few projects I request. Instead of using 7 segments display, it would be a dot matric LCD instead.

FYI, I have three new meter will be launced in about 1 month. It's DC volt, amp, watt, frequency, and dump load meter. It's used dot matric LCD. I'll post some prototype pictures here soon

Marco

Return to “Digital/ Analog Meter”