HB416PVA Power meter

dread

HB416PVA Power meter

Post by dread »

I am looking at buying this meter for testing power transformers, measuring the core loss inparticular. My question is, does this meter display RMS or Average P, V, I?

Thanks,
Dave
Tech_Marco

Re: HB416PVA Power meter

Post by Tech_Marco »

dread wrote:I am looking at buying this meter for testing power transformers, measuring the core loss inparticular. My question is, does this meter display RMS or Average P, V, I?

Thanks,
Dave
It display Peak power, V, and I. If you're looking for one for RMS, then you should consider the 3 phase AC Power/Watt meter which works right for single phase as well
ejacob3

Post by ejacob3 »

I am interested in this meter to let me know when the power consumption from my piece of equipment falls below a lower spec (ac power) when plugged into the wall. The outputs/ alarms would be a good candidate to pug into my data acquisition board.

The equipment operates at 16amps (sonicator). I believe that I would have to purchase an ac transformer/ shunt? Any clarifications?

Also, is it possible to get this unit calibrated or would it be up to me to have that done?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

In that case, you may want to get a 100A:5A C.T. (current transformer)
Shunt is for DC only.
ejacob3

Post by ejacob3 »

Ok, just a simple clarification. The product spec sheet/ instruction pdf states that the relay is a 220VAC whereas the product web page states "Relay: 3A@125VAC".

Which is it or is it a matter of the supplied input power voltage which in my case will be 115VAC. I need an output of 115VAC 3A for shut off control of my equipment.

Thank you.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Actually it support 3A@220V. Some folks just got confuse and though that the meter must run at 220V. That's why I wrote down 115V in that case. If it support 3A@220V, for sure it works fine with 115V
;)
ejacob3

Post by ejacob3 »

Just to be clear, my supplied power is coming in at 115VAC, my relay output voltage is resulting in 115VAC@3A?

I read the statement that the unit must be powered by 220VAC whereas I thought I could supply a 115VAC power source to the unit.

Please clarify.

Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

A relay itself is just doing On and Off switching. It won't ouotput any voltage unless you appy to.
See this post:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=316
ejacob3

Post by ejacob3 »

Ok, I am set. thanks...
EngineerB4

Post by EngineerB4 »

I downloaded the manual for the HB416PVA but don't see any specification for isolation between voltage/current inputs and operating power inputs. Is operating power isolated from the voltage/current inputs? If so, what is the maximum permissable voltage differential between them? Can I connect the supply power terminals directly to the circuit I want to measure voltage and amperage on (thus self-powering the meter)?

Thank you very much.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Yes, the power for the meter is isolated. As long as the circuit voltage not exceeding the meter's operating voltage, feel free to use it for 'self monintoring'. If not, you may need to install a step down transformer from the circuit to lower the voltage for the meter. If I'm not wrong, it's AC85V to 285V/DC up to 380V

Marco

Return to “Digital/ Analog Meter”