UP-8135A question

Disorder

UP-8135A question

Post by Disorder »

I was only able to buy one type of volt meter that had the range that I needed (>200V). The only options for a power supply was a 5V supply. From looking at some other pictures and whatnot, it looks like there is just a 7805 on the board by the inputs, which in the 5V version it only has a small electrolytic capacitor. I understand that the capacitor is being used for a filter across the output rails, if I metered the board correctly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but could I not just remove the small lytic and put a 7805 there? I am fairly technologically advanced in regards to electronics, so by all means respond with technical content if I am wrong. I am just trying to free up space in the main work area, since I am using a dedicated 7805 supply elsewhere for this meter, and I am willing to go through a bit of modding if there is something else disabling me from mounting one on this board.

Edit: If I am looking at the board correctly, I could must move the lytic back a couple of spaces as well. There appears to be holes for it anyways.
Tech_Marco

Re: UP-8135A question

Post by Tech_Marco »

Simply connect a 7805 is not a good idea. You need to add a couple caps to do noise filtration. For high voltage application, you may consider my HV 5V module which support 7~60V input and output 5V (another model support 12V)

Return to “Digital/ Analog Meter”