AH meter questions and concerns

aram

AH meter questions and concerns

Post by aram »

Hey all. After doing a successful k40 conversion, we decided it was time to get an AH meter in there (this one, I believe: http://www.lightobject.com/3-digit-Mini ... -P372.aspx we got it with the upgrade kit). We hooked it up according to the diagram here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=187. Now, neither of us are electronics experts, but I think we got the connection set up as per the diagrams shown in that post. However, when we run the laser our readings don't seem right at all. We get either nothing (just the decimal point lit up), or 2.9 or some other seemingly random reading. And, our reading does not change at all if the power is adjusted. With a k40 at 100% power we should see about 18ma, correct? Well, this is a 100A meter with only one decimal place, thus making an 18mA reading not even register. Is this a correct assumption? Again, we're not electronics guys, so I could be totally wrong about something here. I've attached Marco's diagram with arrows and annotations on our connections. The ones that say "wire nut" are just that, they do not connect to anything but one and other. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Aram
Attachments
amp meter diagram.jpg
amp meter diagram.jpg (41.45 KiB) Viewed 4840 times

Return to “Digital/ Analog Meter”