416PVA wiring question

clintoffutt

416PVA wiring question

Post by clintoffutt »

I need to use the 416PVA to meter a 240v 60 amp circuit. I purchased the 20:1 coupling transformer (100a : 5a). I am using 6/3 wire with (4) conductors, including the ground. Do I run the whole cable through the transformer?

Also what is the proper way to wire the meter for such a circuit? I have downloaded the manual but was a little confused on which wires are used to measure voltage and which contacts on the 416PVA to connect such wires. Also which contacts do the leads on the coupling transformer connect to? Thanks
Tech_Marco

Re: 416PVA wiring question

Post by Tech_Marco »

Look at this example:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=119

Marco
clintoffutt

Post by clintoffutt »

So feed the whole 6/3 cable (4 conductors) through the coupling transformer if I'm trying to meter the entire circuit? Thank you for the quick response, but the link didn't really help me.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Not being offensive, if you don't understand that connection diagram, I suggest you to get help from an electrician. It is dangerous for you to play around with the AC power line in your house if you don't now the basic electrical.

To answer your question, you need to pass a load line through the C.T. hole. There is always three wires: Live, Natural, and Ground (L,N,G) . You pass the "L" through the C.T. hole to the load. The two pins from the C.T. need to connect to the terminal I1(#11) and I2 (#12) of the controller to read current. Then, you need to get the voltage sample as well in order to get power reading from the load. So, you need to connect terminal UL (#15) and UN (#16) to the power of the load which is UL and UN in respectively

Of course you need to power the controller as well so you need the meter by AC 85V~260V to terminal #1 and #2.

If you're still not understand it, I highly recommend you to consult an electrician. Safety come first.

Marco

Return to “Digital/ Analog Meter”