Zeroing Amp Measurement on JLD404 Amp Hour Meter and Manual?

markcase

Zeroing Amp Measurement on JLD404 Amp Hour Meter and Manual?

Post by markcase »

Please advise how to zero out the amp measurement on the JLD404 Intelligent Amp*Hour meter. Mine currently reads -2.9 Amps when the shunt is not connected to the battery pack..

There was some mention of a manual in other posts, but I don't see one for the amp hour meter in the manuals section. Where can I find the manual?

Thanks!

Mark
Tech_Marco

Re: Zeroing Amp Measurement on JLD404 Amp Hour Meter and Man

Post by Tech_Marco »

First one on Digitial Volt Current meter
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1074

You MUST to have shunt installed or use the built-in 5A shunt in order to work properly. Otherwise, it won't be 'zero' at all
It's common to all amp meter

Marco
markcase

Post by markcase »

Thanks for the manual!

Regarding the zeroing. It is connected to and configured for a 75mV shunt. When when the shunt isn't connected to the batter it reads -2.9 Amps, when it is connected to the battery and no current is flowing it reads -2.9 Amps, when current is flowing it reads 3 Amps less than my amp clamp. Can this be zeroed or corrected?

There is some chance that I may have damaged the unit, but it seems to work correctly except for the -2.9 Amp current offset... Is a zero offset like this typical?

Regards,

Mark
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

It won't be that much offset. 2.9A is a lot! Something is not right there. Check your configuration make sure the shunt value is programmed correctly. make sure you're connecting to the "75mV" terminal but not the 1A or 5A terminals. When no current is flowing, it should show "0.00" or "0.01" (noise could be possible). But it should never showing anything over 0.1A if no current is flowing (double check with a DVM by using current mode).

More: Just shorted the input of the AH meter and you should get "0.00". If not, that mean the meter probably damaged.
Note: An ammeter = voltmeter but with very low full scale value, say 75mV. So, shorting the input = zero voltage

Marco

Return to “Digital/ Analog Meter”