JLD416PVA 150A : 5A Current Transformer Wiring

solartony.com

JLD416PVA 150A : 5A Current Transformer Wiring

Post by solartony.com »

Hi guys,

I've been using your JLD416 Meter for a while now, and I'm finally going over 5amps. I'd like to wire the following transformer to it--pics below. Could you explain which wire goes to the top prongs? I see four in this transformer, so I'm no too sure of which wires from the meter wire to the top.

ImageImage
Looking at the directions, I see the load line going from 15 and 16 to the tranformer, and the 11 and 12 also going to the transformer. On the transformer I see S1-K, and S2-I, and the center hole has P1-K.

I'd guess that the Line(power) wire goes through the center, but the rest is more of a mystery to me.

On another note. Do I need to change anything in the meter? If so what number(s) would I enter?

Thanks

SolarTony.com
Tech_Marco

Re: JLD416PVA 150A : 5A Current Transformer Wiring

Post by Tech_Marco »

There are should be two prongs output from the current transformer. It shouldn't be 4. A load line must pass through the hold in order for the C.T. to sens the current throuigh electro magnetic field.

Output (two wires) must be connected to the I1 and I2 of the JLD416 and you need to configure it for correct ratio 150A:5A (30:1). So, you need to enter "30". Please download the manual and follow the instruction to program it

Marco
rmoody

Post by rmoody »

I am going to need a CT for a 50A circuit, it will be a single phase circuit, 220v AC. Power will be go through 6 AWG wire. A few questions on using the CT.

1) Will the gauge of the wire matter, ie the hole is much larger than the diameter of the wire, does this make any difference?

2) Do I just pass one of the hot wires through the CT or do I need to pass both hot wires through?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

1) The size of the guage doesn't matter to the meter but it does matter for proper current handling.

2) You just need to pass "ONE" wire through the hole, not both.

Marco

Return to “Digital/ Analog Meter”