AMP HOUR METER JLD404 - MISSING MANUAL

jrickard

AMP HOUR METER JLD404 - MISSING MANUAL

Post by jrickard »

I have an older JLD404 meter that shows AH = ampere hours. But it is NOT documented in the currently available JLD404 manual. How do we access manuals of previously offered hardware like this?

I need to be able to measure and accumulate ampere hours in both directions at up to 1000 amps. I have shunts up to that size, though we generally use 50mv shunts. Why are all of yours 75 mv? Almost everything done by every one else is 50 mv with a few 100mv shunts available.

In any event, I would like to find the documentation for this older JLD404 unit. And if you have any devices that allow me to measure ampere-hours or kilowatt hours for DC systems I would be very interested.

Jack Rickard
http://www.EVTV.me
Tech_Marco

Re: AMP HOUR METER JLD404 - MISSING MANUAL

Post by Tech_Marco »

Jack:

Sorry for the inconvenience. I haven't finished the manual .Please allow me a couple days to translate the manual
I'm still able to import the AmpH meter (404 type). How many do you need

Marco
jrickard

Post by jrickard »

I'm not sure until I test it. And I can't really do anything with it without the manual. But if it serves, perhaps a dozen. I bought it from you some time ago and laid it aside and never played with it. I just found it the other day.

The ideal meter for me would be able to display DC volts 0-500, DC amps +- 1000, and Amphours 0 - 1000. Current both directions and AH cumulative net both directions. 12v power supply.

Plust control relays like you have now.

Can you find anything like that?

Alternatively, it could track watt hours instead of ampere hours.

I think if you work on this just a wee bit, the electric vehicle crowd might just discover you and it could lead to a LARGE number of sales.

Jack Rickard
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

My correction. It's basically a battery tester , not a Amp-H meter. It doesn't tell how much Watt/H used, but instead, it test how much amp can output from the battery by 'discharge' it. That way, it can test a bad battery with 'fake' voltage. Even a battery read 12V but it doesnt' mean that it's a good battery, untill it can discarge the amount of currrent per rating it lable.

Marco
jrickard

Post by jrickard »

This is VERY curious then. I HAVE a device I purchased from you all that is clearly labelled JLD404 but then it has AH METER.

I have not been able to locate the manual for it. But by using the manual for the existing JLD404, I have been able to get it working. It DISPLAYS Ampere Hourse, Hours of operation, Amperes, and VOLTS all in one device. It DOES totalize Amp hours VERY nicely. But it also will display amperes and volts and even time. If you press the up and down arrows simultaneoousl, you can zero out the AH counter. It has functions for setting the range and decimal point of both amperes and volts and you can set the current measurement to 75mv and then a shunt value as well. I have it all working on the bench and I love it.

But you don't HAVE it anymore. And I would like to get a half dozen more of these. Can you see if they are still available?

No interest int the battery checker unfortunately. I need the AH meter.

Jack Rickard
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Let me double check the manual. May be I was wrong.

Sure I can get those but can you order 10 instead? Reason is that they have mini quantity per order for special item. If you can order 10 and I'll order 10 more, that will make up 20. Usually I order 50 per model

Marco
jrickard

Post by jrickard »

IT is marked JLD404 in the left corner and in the right upper corner INTELLIGENT AH METER

What is the price for 10 of these units?

I would be inclined to purchase 10 to get them if the pricing was appropriate.

Jack Rickard
jrickard

Post by jrickard »

What is the maximum current we can measure with a 75 mv shunt with these? Will it do 1000 amps in a 1000 a 75 mv shunt?

Jack RIckard

Return to “Digital/ Analog Meter”