T9 - Touch panel wont jog head and homing wrong way.

Essex1984

T9 - Touch panel wont jog head and homing wrong way.

Post by Essex1984 »

I did a full rebuild on a older explorer laser cutter with a T9+ and new power supplies.
The laser was working great when I put it away for a few months.

I have had it out today, fired it up and having made no changes the unit is trying to home "down" and "right" across the cutting area. The arrow keys are also no longer moving the head. I can't move it from inside the software via the arrows in lasersoft either.

Home for the head unit should be "up" and "left". The cutting area "Down" and "right".
Its trying to home by moving down and right, but if I exit the homing with the stop button, I can still get the unit to load a file and cut in the normal area "down" and "right" of were ever the head is stopped at. I can manually activate limit switch's and get unit to set a home so i know they are working correctly.

I took snapshots of the settings. Some may be a bit off speed wise, I was playing with it giving "buffer limit" warnings while trying to get it to engrave.

I am at a total loss for trouble shooting when the interface keypad wont jog the head unit any more. All connections are strong and it worked great prior to sitting for a few months. Is there a way to flash bios? hard factory reset?

Any Help would be apricated. I can provide video if needed.
Attachments
Workspace.PNG
Workspace.PNG (55.75 KiB) Viewed 4011 times
User Param.PNG
User Param.PNG (66.33 KiB) Viewed 4011 times
Factory Y.PNG
Factory Y.PNG (57.48 KiB) Viewed 4011 times
Factory X.PNG
Factory X.PNG (55.38 KiB) Viewed 4011 times
Tech_Marco

Re: T9 - Touch panel wont jog head and homing wrong way.

Post by Tech_Marco »

What if you change the factory parameter axis setting? Datum: switch to positive/negative.
Essex1984

Post by Essex1984 »

Tech_Marco wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:25 pm What if you change the factory parameter axis setting? Datum: switch to positive/negative. Password is ph123.
Changing the axis setting does change drive direction for all motor movement on both X and Y.

If I change X it will move left at start up(vs right before), this change makes it move left to find its cutting area.
If I change Y It will move Up at start up (vs down before), this change makes it move up to find its cutting area.

All the system settings do work as expected it just wont change where it is looking for home at.
The system still thinks that its moving to the cut area and it will slam against the stops and the limit switches if I don't do anything.

I move the Gantry to center of the cut bed and use the "move in a square" key... (not sure its actual name). It shows me which way the machine thinks the cut bed is located from its current position.

Changing the polarity of the keypad does nothing. Arrow keys remain non-functional.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Try to change the limit signal "active high/active low." It doesn't move when it "thinks" the limit switches are triggered.
Essex1984

Post by Essex1984 »

Tech_Marco wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:28 pm Try to change the limit signal "active high/active low." It doesn't move when it "thinks" the limit switches are triggered.
Thank You Marco! I have no real idea what that setting was, but it restored function to the machine. Its homing again to the correct location and the key pad and Lightsoft have arrow key movement function again.

Return to “DSP T9”