T9 Jog not working

hannans

T9 Jog not working

Post by hannans »

I just upgraded and old ULS-25 Laser with the T9 DSP and all is working well. However the jog keys on the control panel does not move the steppers nor can I get it to move with the software, I have added the Z stepper also and it will not jog, I am using the Omron optical limit switches on X and Y just needed to change the limit signal to Active high and they are working great, however before setting up the limit switches the X Y and Z worked fine? any ideas?
Tech_Marco

Re: T9 Jog not working

Post by Tech_Marco »

How about running a cut or framing, does anything move? Are DIR and PUL connected correctly? Could you show some pictures?
hannans

Post by hannans »

I am able to vector and raster and it returns to home, I have adjusted the um and the size is correct, I will double check the wiring for the DIR and PUL and send pictures in the morning
hannans

Post by hannans »

Here are the pictures, let me know if you need other pictures, I am thinking about adding the mechanical Micro switches to see if that is the issue
Attachments
ULS-25 Front
ULS-25 Front
ULS-25 rear
ULS-25 rear
ULS-25 rear
ULS-25 rear
20200904_133255.jpg (76.2 KiB) Viewed 3632 times
Uls-25 rear
Uls-25 rear
20200904_133312.jpg (75.61 KiB) Viewed 3632 times
hannans

Post by hannans »

Okay I replaced the Omron's with Micro Switches, now the X and Y and Z will move with the jog buttons
The Z still needs some work! do I need limit switches for the Z? if I lower the table let say 5" and turn the power off, when I turn it back on the table will no longer move up only down, I can turn off the power and move the table by hand back up to the normal 2" from the lens then turn it back on and all is working correctly.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

You can add limit switches to the z so it does not travel beyond limit. You can use "z reset" in the menu to move it up.
hannans

Post by hannans »

Marco, I just got the Synrad laser back from reprocessing and it is working great, however the image is in reverse. did a search and did not find anything that helps with the T9 and Lasersoft? the X and Z move in the correct direction with the control keys and the unit homes where it's supposed to in the upper right
hannans

Post by hannans »

Okay it is working fine, it's only the Butterfly sample that prints backwards, when i send one of my files it prints correctly
Thank you
Ken
hannans

Post by hannans »

Hello today we started running a job and about halfway through the X-axis stopped working, there is a red and green light on the stepper driver. I changed out the driver for a new one same red and green light, if I unplug the wires from the controller the light goes out, got any Ideas?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

What is the blinking pattern? What if you swap the x and y plugs on the controller output?
hannans

Post by hannans »

Marco,
i found the problem It was the 24 year old steeper motor that went out it's a very small pancake motor, I had the current set as low as it can go I just think it was to much for it. Picture attached new motor on left
Attachments
New stepper.jpg

Return to “DSP T9”