Communications error

javaman

Communications error

Post by javaman »

Bought t9 upgrade for my k40 in Nov 2017. Had family matters to deal with. I just did the upgrades over the last few weeks and all was looking good. The x and y axis homed correctly and the z axis moved fine.I went to run the test square and only the x axis moved,the y axis didn't. I was able to control everything from the computer and the dsp screen without any problems.The next day booted everything up and the same thing happened. I was looking up what to check and when I went back to lasersoft program everything was in Chinese. I uninstalled and then reinstalled laser soft but it wouldn't connect to the machine and the machine screen was red and said "communication error". I tried to reinstall lasersoft several times but keep getting the error. Tried 2different usb cables without any extension,Ethernet cable and the Wi-Fi module without any luck. I can't even move anything from the dsp screen. Is there anything else that I can try? I saw the other post and tried disconnecting the display and all other connections with no luck.
Tech_Marco

Re: Communications error

Post by Tech_Marco »

I think you're getting some 'symbolic' chars rather than Chinese. It is usually caused by the Windows protection system (Win10 is the worst = good protection ;) ) or some anti-virus program like McAfee or Norton which mistakenly treating the program was a 'virus'. What you need to do is to disable the virus program temporarily and reinstall the program LaserSOft. You got to have 'admin' privilege when doing installation, especially for the driver installation.

Marco
javaman

Post by javaman »

Tried on Windows 10, windows 7 and XP. No anti-virus on or firewall with admin on all 3 machines and still get communication error. Any other thoughts? On laptop /pc side says not connected
Attachments
20190817_122946.jpg
javaman

Post by javaman »

Also on windows 10 laptop I checked in device manager and the drivers are installed. possibly need to update firmware or do you think it might be something else? If firmware how do I apply the update?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Check the connection between the LCD control unit and the interface board. It may not be connected firmed enough.

Marco
javaman

Post by javaman »

Unplugged and replugged in, has firm connection. On the lcd I can access the menu and u file will stay on when selected but none of the jog buttons work or other ones will stay on. They all go to the communication error screen and the reset button will cycle the screen but ends at error.
mrsunnylam

Post by mrsunnylam »

After usb is connected, on the bottom right there is a tab that says find usb. It should find it automatically, if not I would delete the software and re-download and redo the firmware
javaman

Post by javaman »

Says usb not connected. Tried to uninstall and reinstall with no luck. For the firmware what is the procedure? Put the file on a thumb drive and connect it to the udisk or the lcd then power up? Thanks
mrsunnylam

Post by mrsunnylam »

Another way is to connect directly to the main motherboard it’s possible that your USB cord is damage between machine and motherboard

Return to “DSP T9”