T9 / Laser PSU WP Switch Settings... FRUSTRATED

robstach2

T9 / Laser PSU WP Switch Settings... FRUSTRATED

Post by robstach2 »

Okay ... so, I've struggled with this for a little too long now. Tried support but Sunny disappeared after a while ... figured I would try here. I just got the laser set up today. I'm missing something I am sure. Yes, I've read a bunch of posts but I can't get past this.

FYI: When running the Master Calibration from Laser Soft (for laser power), I had to lower my MAX POWER to 55% to keep the dial at 26ma.

Scenario: LASER fires with button from DSP and also , of course, from the PSU.

When I run a job, I get no laser. Period. There was one brief moment where it looked like I had a little bit of a glow and I'm not quite sure where I went wrong from there.

So - if I can get these questions answered, I might be in a better place.

Do I "ground" WP at the PSU or at the DSP controller? I read that Marco says the controller. So ... Do I just run a connection from GND on the IN connector from the DSP?
Do I then need to run a jumper from WATER1 to GND on the IN connectior on the DSP?

Does the IN connector require 5V coming in???

Is it okay that I have NOTHING on the other switches?

And finally, what impact, if any, does the software have in this case? I DO have the layer marked for output.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Rob
Tech_Marco

Re: T9 / Laser PSU WP Switch Settings... FRUSTRATED

Post by Tech_Marco »

If you are doing cutting, check the power of "Minimum" beside the "Maximum". Btw, you can bypass WP protection on the laser by placing a wire over the WP and Gnd terminals on the laser power supply. Make sure water is running or you will regret. I don't suggest people to bypass warer protection, easy to get into trouble

Marco
robstach2

Post by robstach2 »

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the advice and I hear you ... it is not a good idea. I just didn't order that sensor yet (I thought it would come with the chiller).

So, I think I have figured out what is happening:

Like a few other posts I read, the display would immediately jump to 0% for power once the job start. Note: there was a very small firing of the laser at the beginning of the job.

I then tried MANUAL mode from User Parameters and if I downloaded the file to the DSP, it would fire the laser during the job.

I think that what I was doing wrong is NOT downloading the parameters to the DSP before hitting START in LaserSoft. That seems a little strange to me but once I would download and then press start in Automatic mode, the laser would fire fine.

So - did I just not have the workflow correct?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

You have to hit the 'Download' button in order to get proper image uploaded, parameters of speed &power will be uploaded as well. For example, if you draw new items without pressing the Download button, it is not only laser won't fire but laser won't cut the image as well. The reason you got laser when manual mode was selected because the power was already prel-set. But that pre-setpower %= won't change according to your layer but it stay the same % for all jobs. Follow me so far?

Marco
robstach2

Post by robstach2 »

Yes, thanks Marco!

Return to “DSP T9”