Corel Support?

Lasercowboy

Re: Corel Support?

Post by Lasercowboy »

Yep you're right! I didn't realize that you had uploaded a new version! I was running 7.22.11
I uninstalled it and installed 7.22.13 and it works flawlessly again with Corel X7 on Win10. Thanks Marco!
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Great!

Marco ;)
Lasercowboy

Post by Lasercowboy »

Just installed Corel 2019 and attempted to play with the plugin settings to see if I could get it to work. NO DICE!
I guess I will just buy a copy of X8 till another patch comes through for the newer versions. Luckily multiple versions of corel can be installed and ran independently. However one needs to know that the .crd file preview and default load application will be the version that was installed first.
In other words, if you want to load said file to the other version of corel you will need to open the other version manually and import the file you wish to use, as double clicking it will just open the first version you installed. Hope that makes sense if anyone else was wondering.

Anyhow here is a screenshot of the error I get when I tried to load the plugin to Corel 2019 DOH!

Lasercowboy

Post by Lasercowboy »

So I down graded to X8 from 2019, which both are an upgrade from my previous version "X7"...
Problem now is the plugin will not export any raster images like it did with X7? What now?
Everything used to work perfect before the updates on the LaserSoft and my upgrading to newer versions of corel...
When I hit the plugin button on corel all I get are the vector lines and nothing at all in regard to any raster files. This totally kills the point of the plug in
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

All computer drawing from CorelDraw is "vector" base so when you export it to LaserSoft or any other DSP laser controller, it will show as vector line. What you need to do is to select the area for engraving, change the layer color, and select "Engrave" or "Scan" over Cutting. The area you selected will switched from Cutting to engraving.

Marco
Lasercowboy

Post by Lasercowboy »

Sorry if I didn't make sense last post, but I know that things created within Corel is vector based. I don't have any issue importing the vectors, but it doesn't import the BMP/JPEG/PNG or any raster file that I put into corel like it used to.
I know how to change the parameters of the individual blocks, but the problem is there is nothing other than the vector segments that the plug in will import at all like it used to. So there is nothing to select period. I'm adding screen shots so you see what I mean.
Lasercowboy

Post by Lasercowboy »

Ok, so below you will notice that I have included three types of the same file.
The first is an unedited version that I just drag and dropped into corel. The second I made a vector trace of the first and just left it colored in red.
The third I colored green and left just the wire frame of the vector.
Previously using Corel X7 and an older version of the LightObject Laser Soft, I could simply click on the plugin extension button and it would export all three versions without needing to change anything. It used to show all three versions with color specific color blocks in the Layer options menu. The raster would have shown and would have automatically set to engrave, while the red vector would have shown a red block and the green one would have shown a green block. Now it doesn't show anything other than a single black color block to set preferences on.
If I need to make a video of this I will do so if you need it shown in action. I guess my point is I am trying to figure out if this is just a corel X8 issue, or if the latest LO software has lost some of the original features I would really want back. What do you think Marco?

Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

To be honest, I never seem it happened like you mentioned. I have been using three different card software and none of those could distinguish the cut or engraving itself precisely according to the color use on the clip art. I always need to change it manually after exporting. May be sometimes by luck and it did it but in most case, it won't work that way. If you can provide a specified Coreldraw version and Lasersoft that can do it the way you mentioned, I can send the info to the programmer for review.

Marco
Lasercowboy

Post by Lasercowboy »

I was wondering if that was a freak occurrence after the way you explained it. Very interesting. I will install the old version of corel X7 and see if I can dig up the old laser soft I was using at the time for testing. It's been a while since I used either x7 or the old laser software due to the machine being down for upgrades with that 1200x900 gantry we picked up from you. That thing is NICE by the way! It makes the old machines mechanics seem ancient with the vast improvement it has made in accuracy and speed.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I won't called 'freak' occurrence LoL :lol: Sometimes it just did it without a reason. Anyway, I reported it to the manufacturer and the programmer said he would look into it.

Thanks for you comment on the gantry. To make it work better, here is my setting: Microstepping: 5000~6000, X acceleration: 8000, Y acceleration: 4000. X speed: 650, Y speed: 400. If there is a setting for Space_jerk or Cutting _jerk, I will put 20,000 and 15,000.

Thanks
Marco
Lasercowboy

Post by Lasercowboy »

Excellent! I really appreciate the setup info. I have it set to 5000 microstep already by luck, but I will set everything else to your suggested settings.

Anyhow I did some testing for you and found it is in fact a corel compatibility issue. It works just like I said it did on the older X7 installation.
In corel X7 I simply set the default colors to RGB and made a box in red and circle in green, then I just randomly chose an image of horse from google images and downloaded it to my desktop. I dragged and drop the image file into corel unmodified as it was. From there I clicked on the plugin from the laser soft and it loaded it perfectly, already color specific and with the image file that it automatically made black and white.
(NOTE) in order for the raster image to appear in the lasersoft it must be set as the bottom layer in corel before the plugin is clicked to upload it to the laser soft. Works like a charm every time with corel X7. Also this is the latest version of Laser Soft 7.22.13, so it's confirmed this is a corel compatibility issue with X8.

This is a fantastic feature that should definitely be updated and carried over to the latest corel versions. It saves me a lot of setup time and works beautifully, so I will not be using X8 until this is updated.

Here are screenshots showing the results from my test

Lasercowboy

Post by Lasercowboy »

By the way, here is the version of Corel I am using to get these results
Also, I have not ever installed the latest firmware for the T9 DSP since I bought it. I don't know if that is something that you need to know, but I thought I would mention it since it might make a difference for some reason.

Lasercowboy

Post by Lasercowboy »

Marco, did you get the message on this? Corel X7 always works for auto color block separation and imports any raster image type as a black and white render without further setup. Did your programmers say they could accomplish this with Corel X8, or did Corel do something to break the way the plugin functions in a non fixable way? It's to bad I live all the way across the country, because my groups members are IT techs. One works for Amazon and the other rights code for the medical field and builds apps on the side. I've never seen anything those guys couldn't fix.
By the way, sorta off topic, but my boss Jim Rutt recently started his own pod cast show you might find interesting if your into AI, theoretical physicist, etc... Worth a listen. We talked about Light Object a while back in leu of my utilizing your products to rebuild our old Laser. He seemed interested in knowing more about everything as soon as he slows back down a bit to get back in the shop.
Anyhow, here is a link to his show if you're interested.
https://www.jimruttshow.com/
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I forwarded your info to the programmer. They said that they would look into it.
But I need more info: Is it on Win10 or Win8 or Win7? Is the OS running 32bit or 64bit? Is the Corel7 32bit or 64bit version
It make difference!

Marco
Lasercowboy

Post by Lasercowboy »

Hey Marco. So i have ran Corel X7 X8 and 2019 on Windows 7 And 10. All versions have been 64 bit both with operating system and Corel.
I actually have 32 bit versions of corel in all versions as well but i haven't ran them for testing to know if it works the same or not with the plugin, however ive had no issues replicating X7 on both win 7 and 10 with perfect results every time.

I'm not sure why 32 bit Corel would make a difference, but I do know when all else fails I keep a spare Windows 7 PC on standby that usually gets me through any mess Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 has created.
Using any version of Windows in 32bit is unthinkable in today's programming demands due to the restriction of RAM allowance, which I blieve is a mere 4GB cap.

Windows 8/10 home and pro editions are a huge piece of garbage.
The only version of 8.1 or 10 I am willing to work with is Enterprise. It's the only version that you can registry hack and kill all outgoing snooping processes and auto security/update force loads that are permanently embedded in the standard home and pro. It's pretty ridiculous that you even have to do all that in the first place to have any real control over your own operating system, but until Linux developers get their heads out of the sand for industrial use scenarios I guess we're stuck dealing with Microsoft's divine ways of dis-enlightenment!
Last edited by Lasercowboy on Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “DSP T9”