New beta LaserSoft V7.21.10 (with 're-cut')

Tech_Marco

New beta LaserSoft V7.21.10 (with 're-cut')

Post by Tech_Marco »

With this version, it comes with 're-cut' feature. It isn't perfect yet but it works good so far.
Other value added is layer identifier. If an object on the drawing board is selected and highlighted, the layer control on the top-right menu will show the layer. So, it is very easy to tell what layer you're working on. Another handy tools is that you can move the layers up/down freely with mouse. It is drag and drop other than using the Up/Dn arrow key. If there is only two layers then it is no big deal. What if there are 4 or 5 or more layers, then it would be annoying.

To use the re-cut feature, do this:
1) select an area of an object that wasn't cut-through from the 1st cut
2) click on the icon on the left side bar
Re-cut-icon.jpg
Re-cut-icon.jpg (7.31 KiB) Viewed 6873 times
3) Move mouse to the area that you want to cut and double click to add a anchor. Move the mouse to another end to add another anchor
4) select (single-click) the line lay between those two anchors.
5) Right click and select 'select add layer' (I'll change it to 'add to re-cut' on final version).You will see a new layer create for that particular line selected.
6) Use mouse to de-select other layer but keep the re-cut layer checked.
7) change speed or power and you're ready to cut the section

Please send your feedback.

Marco

download/DSP/Ph/LOLaserSoftV7.21.10.zip

Marco
Lasercowboy

Re: New beta LaserSoft V7.21.10 (with 're-cut')

Post by Lasercowboy »

I downloaded V2 and am fixing to test it now. I will report with how it does ASAP
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I posted v 7.22.2 two days ago. It is through latest.
Looking forward to hear a report from you soon

Marco ;)
Lasercowboy

Post by Lasercowboy »

Works great Marco! But I did run into something I thought was interesting. Now my files are mirrored and inverted when they cut even though it didn't show this in the software.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

:eek: :eek: When you said the file inverted, was the cut also inverted? I haven't tried the 're-cut' in real life but did simulation on software only because I just got it from the programmer. I guess I need to run some test on the lab when I got back office tomorrow.

Marco
Lasercowboy

Post by Lasercowboy »

No, the cuts where right as they should be. But for some reason now the file it's self is mirrored so the text comes out backwards and the file is also 180 deg rotated so that also comes out upside down vs what it shows in the file screen in laser cut
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Did you have 'macbine zero' ,'page zero', and ' position relative' set to the same Home location. I guess it may be the cause if those setting were not the same

Can you post a screenshot to show the 'before' and 'after' images

Thx
Marco
Lasercowboy

Post by Lasercowboy »

You where right Marco. Since my machine zeros at bottom right, two of the settings where changed when I did the update install due to my not realizing it changed them to stock positions again. So all is good! The feature works great. I will report if anything else has changed after a few more test, but it looks like it's good to go.
Lasercowboy

Post by Lasercowboy »

Everything seems to be working perfectly Marco. No problems to report on this end.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Excellent! If all good, please post feedback on FB and/or CNCZone.com Very appreciated! ;)

Out next move is to get better support on SVG files, then DXF, and AI. Will take a while but we are on the track. Stay tuned

Marco
bobschrum

Post by bobschrum »

Tech_Marco wrote:Excellent! If all good, please post feedback on FB and/or CNCZone.com Very appreciated! ;)

Out next move is to get better support on SVG files, then DXF, and AI. Will take a while but we are on the track. Stay tuned

Marco

Good news. Looking forward to being able to import multiple layers in AI. I figured out a workaround for some jobs, but it's quite touchy and time-consuming.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Hands on, we will get down there soon. After SVG, then DXF and Ai will be after.
I'm giving them (the design team) a lot of pressure hammer . They are very co-operated, though. I guess no body before were giving them so much demanding like I did so their life was not so easy now :D

Marco ;)

Return to “DSP T9”