New keypad layout and new features request for DSP T9+

Tech_Marco

New keypad layout and new features request for DSP T9+

Post by Tech_Marco »

I just designed a new keypad interface for our T9 DSP controller card. It should be available by the end of August. I think it looks more Pro than the current layout smile

Following is a list of features that I put on it my 'wish' list and has presented to the manufacturer/programmer for evaluation. Suggestions and comments are welcomed but no offensive. I need to make it clear that I don't own the card company and I'm not the programmer. There is no guarantee whether the programmer can complete these tasks from my request. He may able able to do some but he may not be able to handle all. It is just features that I think will benefit all of us when doing laser project. Even if features were successful lanached, how good they are I really have no control but all I can do is to provide more feedback to them and get some improvement after that. Therefore, no blaming on me! :roll:

Major features
1) Partial cutting- I believe that this would be a 'Great' tool to be used to handle a cutting job that wasn't cut through through the 1st pass without having to go through the job again from the beginning. How it work is that you use a mouse to make two clicks to highlight a section of line that you want to re-cut, then press a button "re-cut" and the laser head will move to that particular location to cut that highlighted section only. Think about a complicate cutting project on 1/2" MDF that need 45min ~60min to complete. After the first cut and a couple spots wasn't cut through, what would you do? Currently the common way that most of us will do is: set high speed the laser starting from the beginning, turn off laser power, wait till the laser head moving closer to the area, press 'Pause' on laser, turn ON laser power, set speed slower, press Start to re-cut. After it ran through the area and re-cut, press Stop button to terminate the remaining operation. Isn't it tedious and time consuming? With this partial cut feature, it make life easier. This feature is #1 on my wish list.

2) Engraving Outline - After engraving job done, isn't it better if run a lower power cut to the outline of an object. It made engraved object to stand out or add the 'deepness' feel

3) Support metric and imperial system.

4) Match color code from Coreldraw and/or Illustrator

5) Support PDF file and update version for AutoCad & Illustrator version

6) Support PPI

Minor upgrade:
7) Zoom in/out with mouse click
8) Library enhancement
9) SVG file enhancement
10) File transfer rate

Features already added :
a) Rotary on the 4th axis with free X,Y movement even rotary function is enabled. Better than the X7
b) Engraving enhancement. Take a little longer to download file but result is better than X7
c) Support .SVG file format but need enhancement.
d) Air-blow button added. A good test button for air-assist before sending a job to cut/eng. You need a electric solenoid to work with. Currently is missing on X7
e) Easy cutting sequence manipulation. But there is a small bug that need to be addressed later. It didn't reflect the actual cut speed and time from the simulation.

Regards,
Marco
Attachments
NewT9Keypad.jpg
brasscanary

Re: New keypad layout and new features request for DSP T9+

Post by brasscanary »

Small note on the new design of the teach pendant. I personally prefer all the buttons aside from the movement keys to be offset to the left so that I can easily use both hands to operate at the same time without it being cramped.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

It sounds a bit unusual to me per your design. Can you make a draft and share with us. If majority people like it, well I may make it possible by order different panel template.

Marco
Techgraphix

Post by Techgraphix »

I like to add one thing in general:
in many workshops the illumination is not that bright or it is on the wrong place..
I think the contrast in light-grey and white is somewhat poor..

And how many users have a U-axis??

Kees
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Update:

Just got the new template done. Any change request got to wait till 500x sold out (sorry Kee smile)
By the way, the LCD box will be painted to the similar color of the template so that you won't see the white border like the attached image is showing.

A few new features added, like the 're-cut' is my favor the most. I tried it and it work but I made a request to the programmer to make it more user friendly.

Two small features added: Layers sequence is easy to move around by mouse. Object on drawing area once picked, the layer for that object will be highlighted. So, it is easy to tell what layer is the object belonging to. Sometimes when two colors are closed and difficult to tell by eyes, this feature helps a lot.

The next change will be SVG file enhancement and added support for the new DXF and Illustrator and so on

Regards,
Marco
Attachments
NewT9Template.jpg
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Here is another one look (actual) of T9 with new template and box.
The controller now come with a new software that allow 're-cut' . What is a 're-cut'? Image if you're doing job for a complicate design take take 30min or longer to cut and found that part of area not cut through from the 1st cut. What would you do? Well, like it or not, with other controller from other manufacturers, you have no choice but to start the cut from the beginning. Worst case would be that even the 2nd cut didn't cut through! :o

With T9 new software, you can have the laser head move direct on the area to do 're-cut'. You don't need to wait the laser head traveling from the beginning route. So, instead waiting for 30min or longer, now it take seconds. I'll try to shoot a video to show the new feature
NewT9Template2.jpg
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

See our new packing of the new T9+
It will be ready in about 2 weeks
WeChat Image_20181024155532.jpg
WeChat Image_20181024155532.jpg (49.48 KiB) Viewed 4342 times
WeChat Image_20181024155527.jpg
WeChat Image_20181024155527.jpg (24.09 KiB) Viewed 4342 times
WeChat Image_20181024155520.jpg
WeChat Image_20181024155520.jpg (41.66 KiB) Viewed 4342 times
WeChat Image_20181024154917.jpg
WeChat Image_20181024154917.jpg (41.39 KiB) Viewed 4342 times
Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Morning folks!
I just posted a new download link for the latest LOLaserSoft 7.22.0. The new change of 'Re-cut' is pretty impressive and I like it. I have made so many attempts and finally the design team got it work the way I like. Welcome any feedback and I'm hoping that it is all positive experience with the new feature! smile

Download link:
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3801

How it work: select the object you need to apply the second cut. Click the icon
Re-cut-icon.jpg
Then move mouse on top of the object and make two set point by double click to cover the area you want to perform the recut. Afterward, point the cursor on top of the re-cut segment and right click the mouse. A menu will show up and from where you will see a choice of "Cut+". Click it and you will notice the selected segment changed color and a new layer will be created with default speed set 40% faster than the original setting. You can disable the other lays and leave the new layer checked. Click 'Download' and now you're ready to re-cut the area. Pretty straight forward, isn't it?!
So let's Cut! Cut ! Cut!..............!!! :lol: :lol:

Marco
Lasercowboy

Post by Lasercowboy »

Awesome! Can't wait to try this out. No more having to re-cut large files and or having to modify the original vector!
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Yes it is true. I remembered that there was a project of cutting 1/2" MDF with a large logo and it needed 50min to complete the cut. After the 1st cut, I found that there were a couple spots weren't cut through. So as usual and common way, I have to do re-cut. To save time, I had to change the cutting parameters of that speed was changed from 5mm/s to 200mm/s so that the laser head moved very fast to the point where I want the re-cut taken placed. In addition, I have to manually turned off the 'laser' because I didn't want the laser to fire while it was traveling. By the time laser head closed to that spot, I paused the laser, drop laser speed from 200mm/s to 5mm/s, and turn on laser. After second cut, guess what, it didn't cut through either. So you know what I need to do again.... :evil:

With this 're-cut' feature, it bypass most route and the laser head can fly over to the spots that need to be cut again or again or again..as many times you needed. It is really time saving.

This feature is 'unique' and you won't find it from any other controller. I have pushed the team for 6 months in order to reach the goal. Of course sooner or later, those card manufacturer will copy my idea. :mrgreen: I'll come up more goodies to put it on the T9. The new team is very supportive and they took my idea. Any feedback and idea are welcomed!

Marco

Return to “DSP T9”