Communications Error

BanksCNC

Communications Error

Post by BanksCNC »

So I've had a T9 for about 6 months and all has been working great until recently. All of a sudden i'm starting to get a " Communications Error" in the middle of a job. Screen goes red and the laser stops. Once I powercycle the laser it will recover from the error and continue...ill get abit more done on the job and it happens again...and again...and again....What is causing this error? what Can I do to fix it?

Thanks
Brandon Banks
Tech_Marco

Re: Communications Error

Post by Tech_Marco »

Hi

Check the connection cable between the LCD and the main board. I think a lose connection between your PC and the controller should’ show communication error once job was transferred successfully, The only possible issue the data cable between the main board and the LCD. Just lose two screws, unplugged it and plug it back. Then secure the two screws and give it a try.

Let me know if it fix the issue

Marco
BanksCNC

Post by BanksCNC »

Awesome...Seems to be working for now :-) Thanks Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

smile
upsetDSPowner

Post by upsetDSPowner »

I have the same error and this did not work for me. lcd says "communication error press escape key" this sends the unit to the home screen and then after about 5 minutes it repeats the whole thing over. cannot establish comms with or without the wifi module....
Any thoughts?
DZ
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Try plugin the USB direct to the main board without using an extension USB cable in between. Sometimes we got this issue from the short USB extension cable . Once we hook our PC direct to the main board, it works fine. Give it a tey

Marco
upsetDSPowner

Post by upsetDSPowner »

no change still no comms,
upsetDSPowner

Post by upsetDSPowner »

:eek: :eek: no change still no comms,
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Make sire driver for the controller is installed properly. You should see the driver properly showed up under Window, the Device Manager. Some computer that I worked from my customers were either Firewall blocked, or have some sort of application blocking it. It took me long to get the driver to install

Marco

Return to “DSP T9”