Controller replacement help needed

Tech_Marco

Re: Controller replacement help needed

Post by Tech_Marco »

Your acceleration and speed for Y seems high but even so it shouldn’t cause that issue you have. It look like that it is not a software issue but either hardware issue or laser tube/laser power supply issue.

Marco
Hydrops

Post by Hydrops »

what should be the right acceleration for Y ?

I don't think this is a hardware issue unless it is a compatibility issue, 4 days ago the night before replacing the controllers the alignment was perfect
I even recorded a video of it cutting and engraving as I want to sell the leetro controller and this is proof to show potential buyer that the controller is working ok I can post the video when I get home, got to upload it to the cloud

so I'm guessing that if it works ok with the other controller hardware is not the issue, right ?

I can swap controllers again if needed be

I manually moved the gantry up and down and sideways and everything is ok, no backlash there

where exactly can the reverse offset backlash be tweaked isn't it in the reverse offset of carving backlash settings on crafts parameter tab ?

Because I thought It made some difference but now I don't think it makes any difference, I've tried changing offset parameters with very different values positive and negative and I don't really see any noticeable difference at all

And I don't know if its relevant or not but this backlash offset shows on the controller lcd, I can see the green line drawing over empty space, to the right,
Hydrops

Post by Hydrops »

Another thing I also notice is that I set the workspace on the T9 for 1300x900 but when I move the laser head to the limits it goes further than that distance, with the leetro controller with the same workspace measurements it stopped short of touching the rubber belts in the X axis but with this controller it goes a bit further even forcing a bit into the rubber belt it doesn't reach the limit or at least it does not stop, in the Y direction it stops 2 mm short of touching the the machine frame.

I did the Um thing and cut squares with 50x50 and the measurements on the cut squares were correct but might this have something to do with pulse settings in the controller or driver or something ?
Hydrops

Post by Hydrops »

So I just swapped controllers again and did the test with the leetro controller its engraving perfectly

I recorded it will post video in a few minutes it's uploading

I'm guessing it's not hardware, right ?
Hydrops

Post by Hydrops »

Still waiting to hear anything more from tech support regarding the matter.

Like I said I don't have much knowledge on this subject but it looks to me like the fault is in the controller if otherwise I'd appreciate any ideas on what might be causing it
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

We have no idea what could be wrong. You may send it back for diagnostic. You can include a test file in the controller and we can ran it on our machine.
If it is the controller issue, we will send you a new one. If it is not, you pay for return shipping cost

Test machine per-setting:
Tube: 60W
Driver stepping: 4000
Engraving speed: 550
X acceleration: 8000~10,000
Y acceleration: 4000

Return address:
LightObject
21 Blue Sky Ct
Sacramento, CA 95828
(leave a note with order info and reason for return)

I highly recommended you to find someone to assist you for the upgrade if you're not familiar with laser.

Marco
Hydrops

Post by Hydrops »

Just to let you know I have been in contact with support through email trying to solve this matter

Return to “DSP T9”