Controller replacement help needed

Hydrops

Controller replacement help needed

Post by Hydrops »

Hello

I need some help replacing a leetro MPC6585 with the T9 DSP. My machine is a 1200x900 80W laser.

I have labeled all the wires before removing the leetro and figured out most of the connections on the T9 but for the laser wiring, on the leetro there were wires connected to GND DA1 and LAS2. These labels don't exist on he T9, so can someone please tell me how to connect them properly ?

Another issue I have found relates to the polarity of the Y and X Axis, should it be + or - on the T9?

Regarding the software it supports windows 10, right ?

The Leetro manual image attached shows all the wires that were connected on my machine's controller

Thank you

Bruno

Hydrops

Re: Controller replacement help needed

Post by Hydrops »

Update,

I have switched on the machine and the control seems to be working fine, LCD lights up an I can control the XY movement with the DSP direction arrows

Regarding the laser wiring, what is TTL and PWM ? On the Leetro Laser wiring the two wires were connected to DA1 and Las2, can someone please tell me how I should connect these ? I am a bit afraid to to screw and damage the controller if I plug these wires wrongly.

I have also installed the software on the computer and it has connected successfully with the controller, I can control the XY movement from the computer

I want to request online assistance to configure the machine's parameters, how does this work, is it with teamviewer ?

Thank you
Techgraphix

Post by Techgraphix »

Hydrops wrote: what is TTL and PWM ? On the Leetro Laser wiring the two wires were connected to DA1 and Las2
What DA1 and LAS2 are... i don't know... you may find that in the manual of that Leetro (you may find it on the internet using Google)
TTL determines when the laser is firing, normaly you choose the L-connection rather than the H-connection. PWM sets the power.
Regarding to the Waterprotect: my idea is to shortcircuit the WP on the lasersupply to GND ant place the flowswitch between the contacts WP and GND of the X7. The X7 has two laser outputs. You should connect the second WP direct to GND, else the laser (if you use only one tube, wont fire..'
Also set the Waterprotect function in the controller's menu. (use Shift-stop to enter the menu on the controller, rather than try to set it throug LaserCad or RayCam.

Kees
Hydrops

Post by Hydrops »

According to the manual DA1 is Laser Power Control One and LAS2 means Laser On/Off Control Two, does this fit into the T9 Laser options as shown in the manual?

"TTL determines when the laser is firing, normaly you choose the L-connection rather than the H-connection" where do I choose this option ?
SWMS

Post by SWMS »

If you aren’t too happy with the support here ( I read the other post by the way ) You might want to try the laser cutting forum on Reddit. People are really helpful there.
Hydrops

Post by Hydrops »

Thank you for the tip, but I bought this controller exactly because of the support, I had already bought the ruida when I found this one and managed to cancel the deal and get my money back to buy this one which by the way was much more expensive customs and all and the main reason was exactly because of the english support I know how painful it is to deal with chinese support, got a gweike machine..

I am not savvy on lasers or electronics and was dreading this replacement even more so because english is not my main language and technical terms are a bit hard for me to understand that's why I feel a bit disappointed with the support given so far, I've had some through emails but not exactly what I was expecting.

I've managed to get the machine working and it seems good so far only made a couple of tests but there are still some issues I need some explaining because manual isn't very clear at least for me like for instance where do I input the laser parameters in the settings?

in the leetro controller I had to input the laser power in the config settings don't i need to do it with this controller ?

How does the % work if I haven't input the laser power in the settings ?
SWMS

Post by SWMS »

Actually i’ve found the Chinese are fantastic at their support. I got in touch with Anywells for an issue with an old AWC608 from here and the guy stayed up till 3am their time to help me out.

By the way. I have no experience of the Leetro so I am going to stop commenting on this now :)
Techgraphix

Post by Techgraphix »

Hydrops wrote:"TTL determines when the laser is firing, normaly you choose the L-connection rather than the H-connection" where do I choose this option ?
On your laser-powersupply you will find two connections. normaly called TH and TL. You can ommit the TH and connect the TL
If they are not called TH and TL, try to find similar connections in the manual of the laser-powersupply.
This is what the average LPS-connection diagram looks like:

I advise you to short the WP (waterprotection) on the LSP to GND and connect the waterflowswitch direct to the controller.
The controller can support more than one laser. If you use only one laser (like most of us) you have to short the WP to GND for all other laser-outputs, else your laser won't fire.
If you did set all setting right, your controller will give you the message of a waterflow error and won't start at all (when you did not connect the other WP's to GND or when you don't have a waterflow, or your Waterflow-switch malfunctions (or is not a switch).

Kees
Hydrops

Post by Hydrops »

Thank you very much

I eventually found the correct wiring and it was really simple, I found the connector labels imprinted on the pcb of the PSU and it just a case of following the diagram

Regarding the WP I tried to do it before and laser would not start and later got water error alert on the lcd when I enabled it in the controller settings. On the WP connection of the psu there are two wires I think one is from the chiller and I followed the other and it ends on the water tube with some kind of sensor should I connect both to the controller WP input ?
I connected the laser 1 laser 2 and input grounds of the controller Should I also connect the output gnd ?

So I guess the only thing missing now is to connect the WP input of the psu to the gnd, going to try it now
Techgraphix

Post by Techgraphix »

The WP-connection on the controller, but also on the LPS is an input actually. There is no WP-output.
At least one of the WP-inputs (prefereably the one of the LASER1 connector on the controller) should be connected to your water-flow-sensor.
All other WP-inputs (both LASER2/3/4/... of the controller and on the LPS) should be connected to GND
Some coolers (like the CW5200) have a connection for their internal flowsensor. You can use that too. Else a separate flowswitch can be used.

Kees
Hydrops

Post by Hydrops »

I connected both wires from the LPS WP input to the controller WP input and it's working fine. Also connected the input to the GND

The chiller is the CW5200 indeed, and one of the wires that was connected to the LPS WP ends on a jack at the back of the machine and this jack is connected to a cable from the CW5200, so I'm guessing this must be the internal flowsensor of the CW5200, right ?

Thank you
Techgraphix

Post by Techgraphix »

In your CW5200 manual you will find the connections of this plug.
I don't understand you wired the WP of the LPS to the controller. You mention "both WP connections"... It can be it has two connections but one of them must be signal and the other gnd-level. It is not common that a LPS has two WP-connections. It will probably work if you short these WP connections on the LPS, NOT connect this to the controller, please...
If you can fire the laser, also make sure that the waterprotection IS working: pull the plug on the CW5200 or squeeze the hose.
You should get an alarm.. If not, it will not be save to use the laser..
Kees
Hydrops

Post by Hydrops »

sorry, i did not explain it correctly I disconnected the 2 wires that were connected to the LPS and connected them to the water input in the controller.
The LPS WP I connected it to a GND Connector

Tomorrow I will squeeze the cable, with the other controller when I squeezed the water hose it sounded an alarm, I know what you mean

Now I have another issue I've been trying to solve and haven't been able to so far.

I am trying to tune the engraving backlash but its not working I have tried doing the square with 0.8 scangap measuring the backlash and inputing negative values which got better results but when I try to engrave a different object it is totally offset how can I fix this ?

The first screen shows the squares from bottom, top and right on order where I almost aligned the lines but right afterwards I engraved the curvy lines to the right and these are totally offset This was with 500mm/sec, the 2nd image at 800mm/sec,

I also note that on the lcd preview the engraving seems offset to the right

How can this be tuned correctly ? Really need this working got a load of signs to engrave for a laundry chain company

Hydrops

Post by Hydrops »

Posting Machine settings

Hydrops

Post by Hydrops »

500 offset numbers are way too different from others.

Return to “DSP T9”