trouble after homing

musher2d

trouble after homing

Post by musher2d »

When I turn on the DSP controller it runs thru the homing sequence X+Y axes move slow towards the limit switches (in the top Left) both touch the limit switches then back off a little then touch again....Then the Y axes takes off full speed back into the limit switch. The X axes just stays put. I can hit the stop button on the controller and the key direction and datum are set to move the proper direction. I know I am missing something simple ;)
Tech_Marco

Re: trouble after homing

Post by Tech_Marco »

After 'Home', use keypad to move the laser head away from the present location to somewhere else, then press 'Origin'
Now, recycle the power see how it goes. I should be simple issue and should be easy to address.

Always read the 'FAQ' for info when homing or scale issue occurred:
viewforum.php?f=75

Marco
musher2d

Post by musher2d »

Still not acting right I have the datum and the motors going the right direction and have tried to stop the homing process and set the origin but it still wants to continue to going into the stops after it has touched off. I have the home set to the upper left and I notice that the counter on the T9 controller is getting larger as the x and y move twords the stops. In my mind the X,Y courdinets should be getting smaller as it moves to the home position.
musher2d

Post by musher2d »

Will after going round and round i finally gave up and set the homing direction away from the stops and set the direction of the motors so that it was counting in the right direction. when i turn on the machine i stop the homing process and set the origin and just use the software limits. I am use to running large cnc milling station so homing and and hard 0,0 stops are very important. I am new to the laser game smile

Return to “DSP T9”