Samples from T9 DSP controller

Tech_Marco

Samples from T9 DSP controller

Post by Tech_Marco »

We have doing some tests on the T9 and currently is working on the video as well.
Following are two engraved images were coming out from default setting: dither:0.2mm, scan gap:0.1mm, speed:500mm/s, power(60W): 12%

Materials: Transparent acrylic + dark sheet background on reversed image
T9-sample2.JPG
Materials: Birch wood from HomeDepot (not a good one because so many texture from the wood)
T9-sample1.JPG

Will post more for fine tuning engraving and cutting soon! Will do rotary engraving as well with easy to use keypad.

Marco
firmwareengineer

Re: Samples from T9 DSP controller

Post by firmwareengineer »

I tried to reproduce this on my T9 using the yoda pic.

I cant set my dither below 1mm in the software. Is there a trick here?

Thanks
Guido
firmwareengineer

Any updates on this? I need to test this to see if this is going to work for my product. Is there a way to set the dither below 1mm?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Did you just enter ".1"??
You need to enter "0.x" with "0." prefix. Do not just use 'lazy' way by just enter period and the number. Give it a try
I don't see any issue here if you follow the proper way to enter "0.x"

Marco
firmwareengineer

ok, well... that was it. Not so much being "lazy" as it is just expected it to accept it.

Tried again, but will only do a small portion of the image then stops with insufficient buffer distance.

What else should I do.

Ps- I am working on a product where I need to do exactly this.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

It was just a joke don't take it serious

As I explained to you, you got insufficiency buffer distance alert because either your engraving speed was too fast or the image was set too closed to the edge. You may also drop down engraving acceleration as well say 5000. It is mechanical issue and nothing to do with the card.

Btw, you don't want to set dithering too low because it take a lot memory to process. I will use 0.1 to 0.4 in general
firmwareengineer

does this have anyting to do with me my machine not being able to home??? I lowered both fields. Same error
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

When power up the machine, was the gantry moving toward to the limited switch location? Very important that you have the homing directions aiming towards to the limited switches

It should be Top Left on K40 but it could be elsewhere depends upon the manufacturer where the actual switches being installed

If not, change homing direction through the software until proper homing completed. Just focus on this before something else. I don't want to jump back and fro on posting
firmwareengineer

does this have anyting to do with me my machine not being able to home??? I lowered both fields. Same error
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Read the "FAQ" first please

You need to understand the basic of the controller and how to configure the software parameters before asking for help. It is hard for me to do step by step each time a customer purchase a card. Most your questions were covered in the FAQ I posted

Thx
firmwareengineer

ok, so I tried to get the yoda etched as shown above.
0.2mm dither
.1 scan gap.
50% power , doesn't seem to matter if this is lower.
I also tried inverting the image.(shift I). But this will make a negative of the image which is not what I want.
See my attempt.
I used the same image as the above. https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... ajaxhist=0

Here is how mine came out. Cant tell what it is. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Id like to use my machine to do this kind of work.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4K17 ... kR1UzFqbHM

Settings
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4K17 ... 1dqWXV2ZHc
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I think my guy used 11-12% power on a 60W laser machine . Speed was 500mm/s. To see the image better, you put a black board behind the acrylic. Focus must be right and there bed must bed level and flat.

Marco
tansh

Post by tansh »

Hi,
Are you engraved on glass surface? Marco's engraving is on acrylic and plywood surface.
firmwareengineer

I was etching on acrylic.

So here is a really dumb question... since I dont have the 65 w power supply and the standard which comes with the K40 which i think is a 35w. Do I still set it to 12% power?

Also, what resolution should the picture be?
tansh

Post by tansh »

You need to vary the laser power to obtain a satisfactory engraving result. % power does not tell us much about actual power. It's a relative thing to the maximum power depending on your tube. 35 watts tube should sufficient enough for engraving purpose.

Here are the calculations for how to set your scan gap (in lasercad or raycam) and dpi (in your graphic software)

scangap 0.1 mm = 1/(0.1/25.4) = 254 dpi

scangap 0.08 mm = 1/(0.08/25.4) = 317.5 dpi

dpi setting seems like max out around 300+ for typical CO2 laser. Setting any higher dpi will not improve the engraving resolution further. Hope it helps.

Return to “DSP T9”