Lightobject new DSP laser controller card

Dannym

Re: Lightobject new DSP laser controller card

Post by Dannym »

Notable observation:

The T9 uses 5v open-collector inputs (apparently optoisolated). This is notably different than the Leetro 6585 which uses a 24v OC input.

That is, the input has the 5v rail, a series resistor, and the LED anode for the optoisolator, and then the pin. The pin is 5v when unloaded and will trigger when grounded. This is important if you have optos or inductive prox sensors, won't matter if you only have physical hard switches
OzAdr1an

Post by OzAdr1an »

Hey Marco,
Does the card come with extensions for U-disk/ethernet/USB like the LO-X7/608 do ?

Separately, do you know when http://www.lightobject.com/Motorized-po ... -P902.aspx will be back in stock ? I'd probably look to order them together...
firmwareengineer

Post by firmwareengineer »

Hi

So I'm pretty new to Lightobject, so forgive me if I am posting to the wrong forum.

I bought the T9. I am doing a lot of engraving work of pictures and this looked to be the best solution for my K40.

After a ton of debugging with tech support, the machine is alive.

I am having 2 problems now.

1) THe machine will not home. I have setup the UM parameters. Upon turn on it just moves toward the home position but just stops. It is no where near the limit switches. If I manually move the head (while power is off) close to the limit switches and power it on, the unit will stop at the limit switches so I know they are working. It just the initial homing, it appears somewhat random as to what it is doing. Without homing working, I have no idea where to put my material.

2) I am trying to manually move the laser head with the control pad. Up and Left work but down and to the right do not.

3) And now a new problem. Insufficient buffer distance on my display. What does that mean, how do I get rid of it?

Can someone please help me out with this, I currently have units I need to ship which is reliant on this machine.

Thank you
Guido
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I just talked to the manufacturer and they could provide either 1.4M or the2.4M. I tried to get something in between like 1.7M but not available. They sent me 50x cable for spare but you need to install it manually

Now they are working on plugin for the controller like the Inkscape

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

firmwareengineer wrote:Hi

So I'm pretty new to Lightobject, so forgive me if I am posting to the wrong forum.

I bought the T9. I am doing a lot of engraving work of pictures and this looked to be the best solution for my K40.

After a ton of debugging with tech support, the machine is alive.

I am having 2 problems now.

1) THe machine will not home. I have setup the UM parameters. Upon turn on it just moves toward the home position but just stops. It is no where near the limit switches. If I manually move the head (while power is off) close to the limit switches and power it on, the unit will stop at the limit switches so I know they are working. It just the initial homing, it appears somewhat random as to what it is doing. Without homing working, I have no idea where to put my material.

2) I am trying to manually move the laser head with the control pad. Up and Left work but down and to the right do not.

3) And now a new problem. Insufficient buffer distance on my display. What does that mean, how do I get rid of it?

Can someone please help me out with this, I currently have units I need to ship which is reliant on this machine.

Thank you
Guido

Can you post your settings? It it moved when started, it is odd not moving toward to th limit switch . You may want to double check your wiring on limited switches

Marco
firmwareengineer

Sure which settings?

Wiring for switches is ok, they do work. If I move the laser head far enough away from the limit switches, the laser will never actually get anywhere near the limit switches. I guess it thinks it got there???
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Did you set up the work area correctly?
If 'UM' is too far from the correct value, the range of work area could be affected in multiple scale

We used the T9 on our 2500x1400 and 900x600 machines
It can't be hardware issue
firmwareengineer

I "think" I did, my machine is the K40 from amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Orion-Motor-Tech ... ser+cutter

When speaking with one of the techs yesterday, we set it up for 300 x200.
Is this correct?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

For K40 yes it is 300x200
What micro stepping are you using?
What UM?
Again, you better post screenshot of your seeing. It will help me trouble shooting better

Marco
firmwareengineer

both x and y are set to on, on, off which correlates to 16 steps.

I can post the settings, but which screen are you looking for there are a ton.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

User parameters and manufacturer parameters where showing motor information. Send whatever you can
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I will look at it when I came back from hiking

Marco
firmwareengineer

ok, also just so you know I am able to etch and cut things. But for whatever reason I cant move the laser head down or up manually from the controller.

Enjoy your hike
firmwareengineer

Just wondering if you had a chance to look into this.

Return to “DSP T9”