2012 DSP - network

dwessels

2012 DSP - network

Post by dwessels »

Hi,

Just got the 2012 DSP, and I was wondering where the network interface is?

The new features were listed as:
- Onboard Bios upgrade
- Network download file

Thanks
baccus61

Re: 2012 DSP - network

Post by baccus61 »

Check to make sure you have the USB plug in the right slot. I'm not sure if this board has 2 slots for the USB? I think I read somewhere that it only has 1 but I'm not sure. Disregard this if it has. The upgrade path was usually done through the USB interface but I am also not sure on this card as I don't have one.
Have you dragged out the plugin from the command section in Corel Draw onto the workspace.
Are you running the program on it's own, or stand alone, or as a plugin in Corel?
Disregard any of this if it doesn't make any sense!
Rich.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

My apology, the first shipment of the DSP doesn't support the Network card download yet. But the new shipment from November will does. It's a rush to launch the DSP and the engineers keep adding features to the new card.

Marco
stratrascal

Post by stratrascal »

Marco,

Do you have a serial number range for the units that don't have Ethernet enabled? My product info is: AWC708C Lite S/N:708001829.
I don't think I should post the product ID here. My Ethernet is not working. I bought my unit over two years ago (I think) and I just pulled it out of the box a couple of weeks ago. I guess I shouldn't have been so eager to buy the unit. I should have waited until it was stable. But I didn't know they were under the gun to ship the product. If it is one of the problem units is there a way to fix it? I am used to hardware debugging. Can I flash it over the UART or SPI. Something like that? I'm not afraid to pull out the screwdriver.

Thanks
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

@ stratrascal
The card we were discussing NWA's AWC608. It has no relevant to your card.

To use the network function, simply follow the manual to make sure that your PC and the card are having same network setting

Marco

Return to “DSP X7”