New software/driver DSP card with auto focus

Tech_Marco

New software/driver DSP card with auto focus

Post by Tech_Marco »

Just posted a new software v.4.5 for the DSP card with auto focus.

Update: from now on, all software for the DSP will be posted on the Software Download section to avoid any confuse with the manual
Zerekku

Re: New software/driver DSP card with auto focus

Post by Zerekku »

Hi,

New software works with Corel X5?

Regards
twehr

Post by twehr »

Marco,

I went through the manual but have not installed the new software yet. I don't find any reference in the manual to the auto-focus function. Is there any info on how that needs to be set up or how to use it?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Still waiting for the reply from the tech. Will post info once I have it available.
By the way, the new card that comes with auto focus now having an enclosure to contain the main board. That way, it helps a little to eliminate noise from the other devices

Marco
baccus61

Post by baccus61 »

This is a good update Marco.
There are also enhancements with the rotary attachment settings too and I will be trying them out later on this afternoon and see how they go.
I like the way this software is evolving. :D

It would be good if the software engineers could update the manuals as they do the updates. That would make things a lot easier.

Are they going to put in a position reader of some sort or some way of knowing or reading where the laser head is on the table.
I would like to be able to read where the head is so I could position a job a little bit better especially with round objects. At the moment I place a builders square on the table to align my jobs to but sometimes I can't do that if the job is taller or has a wider top than the bottom.

Sometimes I have a sheet of board that is 800mm square and I would like to drive the gantry/laser head to the back of the table to be able to get the sheet out from under it and then drive the head back to the start without doing a RESET every time. If I do a "reset" then I need to go back in the software and change my Z home setting to "negative" so the table can be driven back up to a different height when I am finished as the software limits will limit the height I can drive the table to. It only takes about 30 seconds but it's something that should not need to be done.
I would like to be able to disable the Z axis limits altogether and just be able to drive the table up and down when ever I liked without running into a limit on height.

Quote -:- "the new card that comes with auto focus now having an enclosure to contain the main board" This sounds good for me as I think I have those issues.

Rich.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I talked to the tech and he said that in order to read the coordinate from the machine, a new hardware need to add to the board and they will do it if I need that. I'll keep reminding them to add the features in near product. I think it may take 3 months or so to get that feature added.

They were so busy so that manual couldn't catch up the hardware. In the mean time, they're designing a totally new DSP card for me and it should be ready by the end of Jun. Softare desgined is completed and hardware is easy part. It's not going to be available elsewhere but here as it's my 'baby'.

By the way, new DSP card with Auto focus is available now. It also fix the RF controlling issue per Tech. The new software is backward compatible (only blue panel though).

Any sugestion (features or improvement) will be considered seriously. Your feedback regardless Pro or Con will make the card better. ;)

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

See that, all card now comes with a case (metal) and to some extend, it should help to eliminate some magnetic interference coming from the power supply.

By the way, this card is Auto focus ready and software is completed. Manual,... I need to translate the auto focus and post it here soon.

Marco
Attachments
DSPCase700.jpg
twehr

Post by twehr »

Nice looking case and probably easier to mount as well.
baccus61

Post by baccus61 »

That's what I like about you Marco. You never sit still. Always trying to improve your wears.
Let the designers know that we really appreciate the effort they put into these systems. It must be very hard work but at the end of the day they really have a great little product.

Probably the only things I would like to change are

1 :- being able to turn off the software limits on the Z axis so I can jog the machine up and down after a reset without having to change the home position to negative or positive every time I swap from the rotary attachment to normal cutting.

2 :- having a positional feed back readout for X and Y axis.

That's all I can think of right now.
Keep up the good work.
Rich.
redbird

Post by redbird »

Tech_Marco wrote:I talked to the tech and he said that in order to read the coordinate from the machine, a new hardware need to add to the board and they will do it if I need that. I'll keep reminding them to add the features in near product. I think it may take 3 months or so to get that feature added.

They were so busy so that manual couldn't catch up the hardware. In the mean time, they're designing a totally new DSP card for me and it should be ready by the end of Jun. Softare desgined is completed and hardware is easy part. It's not going to be available elsewhere but here as it's my 'baby'.

By the way, new DSP card with Auto focus is available now. It also fix the RF controlling issue per Tech. The new software is backward compatible (only blue panel though).

Any sugestion (features or improvement) will be considered seriously. Your feedback regardless Pro or Con will make the card better. ;)

Marco

Return to “DSP X7”