35 Watt Co2 Laser Power Supply

Dr. Weird

35 Watt Co2 Laser Power Supply

Post by Dr. Weird »

So I just purchased a 35 watt co2 laser power supply, however, after reading the manual I am not completely clear as to which terminals are what.

Here is a link to the manual, it's obviously been translated and re-translated and as a result is in broken english.

forum/files/manual/SZ80WPowerSupplyManual.pdf

So the input to my power supply has 6 terminals, I've more or less figured those out, but what I'm really in the dark on would be the 4 terminals on the front where the other lead of the high-voltage feed comes out of. could someone please give me a guide to the 4 terminals on the front? I think it's the negative terminal of the high-voltage lead.
Tech_Marco

Re: 35 Watt Co2 Laser Power Supply

Post by Tech_Marco »

Hello Dr.

We do have two version of the 35W CO2 power supply. One looks exactly like the picture we used for posting. Another one comes with connectors that fit most small engraving machine. Can you shoot a pictures to let me see which on you have.

FYI, most CO2 power supply have a standard output like below:

Gnd = Ground
Input = Control
5V = DC 5V output
(for power control by a 5K or 10K ohm variable resistor)

W = Water pump (need to be ground [0v] to enable the PS

TL = Logic Low (0V to enable the PS)
TH = Logic High (5V to enable the PS)
(you only need to choose one)

Other model may have D+ D- (short circuit to fire the laser, it serves as a switch)
Same thing to K+ K-

The manual was not a well written but the pictures should be good enough to tell.
Shouldn't the four terminals were label 110V/220V; Live, Natural, Gnd, and Negative output??
Dr. Weird

Re: 35 Watt Co2 Laser Power Supply

Post by Dr. Weird »

We'll I'm certainly embarrassed. :oops: The manual had me thinking that I wanted to shove 110V through the 5-volt controller.

My unit is the same as shown on the manual page, the exposed unit.

My local electronics store (not radioshack) was kind enough to explain it to me. The (6) 5-volt leads on the controller unit are in fact the controller (who would of guessed), not the 110 AC in AC out. After getting that cleared up they got me set up with what I needed to get that working (10k ohm pot, a toggle switch and a very helpful diagram.) The (4) leads on the front were still throwing me and they also explained that the (2) leads in the center were the AC in AC out. The two on the sides turned out to be the frame-ground and the other high-voltage lead.

Well everything seems to be cleared up, your reply actually helped me quite abit aswell. So thank you very much for the help.

-Tubbs

Return to “DSP X7”