dsp

rosshamp

dsp

Post by rosshamp »

Hi, i recently ordered the dsp controller and i have everything working as far as the stepper motors and laser controls from the computer. i am having a problem with the controller panel. when i press the laser button on the pad to send a pulse, the laser comes on and stays on like its stuck. in order to stop it and shut it off i ave to press stop then laser again. when tis happens the controller automatically resets in chinese. ive checked all of my wiring and everything is correct. is there any solution to this problem?
Tech_Marco

Re: dsp

Post by Tech_Marco »

Per my tech there, he said that it could be an interference by the laser power supply. You need to make sure that your machine (and the PS) is well grounded. Also, make sure the panel is not touching the body of your machine. In addition, make sure the output wire (High Voltage) is not damage or high voltage may leak. The far end of the cable MUST be well tight to the laser tube or the electric 'arc' may occur and generate high voltage to cause damage!

Moreover, put the PS far away from the controller. The electro-magnetic field from the HV transformer may cause the problem.

Marco
baccus61

Re: dsp

Post by baccus61 »

I also have this problem intermittently and I am yet to find an answer for it. Marco says I have noise issues and he is probably right as I can only get 100mm/s out of the laser head which should be about 3000mm/s. I had good speeds a while ago and I rewired the machine again to fix another problem and this problem started.

I have played with my USB ports and it seems to fix it for a while but it may also be a coincidence too.
I have a switch set up so I can turn the laser on or off if I need to and sometimes when I turn it on the laser powers on and stays on just like yours does. I don't have an answer for that as I am not an electronics engineer but it seems to send a pulse to the hardware and then resets the "human interface" to Chinese characters. if I flick on the switch very quickly then I don't seem to have the problem as much. Maybe 1 in 20 times.

What type of laser do you have? Is it a glass tube one?
If it is a glass tube one then the power supply and laser control can be set up with a high pulse or a low pulse. Have you tried the opposite of what you have now to see if there is any difference?

May be you need to filter the power supply going into the laser. I have a filter from a power supply that I ripped out of a photocopier that I am going to fit in my machine to see if it makes any difference. It has a line noise filter, another capacitor, a choke and a reset-able circuit breaker. this should cure any noise in the system.
I shouldn't have any noise in it anyway as all my electronic gadgets are plugged into their own UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply) which filters and smooths out any ripple anyway. We get a lot of "brown outs" here where the lights go dim for a split second then go bright again which stuffs a lot of my electrical stuff so that's why I put a UPS on everything. It's cheap insurance really.

When all the parties are over in the next few weeks I will be fitting some Yaskawa servo drives to it for some closed loop performance.......I hope.
Rich.

Return to “DSP X7”