Engraving problems with AWC608C controller?

htrowrod

Engraving problems with AWC608C controller?

Post by htrowrod »

HELP!, I swapped out my controller on my laser for an AWC608c Controller a couple of years ago. This machine is mostly used as a hobbyist machine. It worked great up until 5 or 6 months ago. I tried generating a file using different software nothing helped.
Here is what is going on with the picture I have uploaded.
Picture #1..The letter “B” is raster cut then the box is cut with the Letter “B” centered in box. (Everything cuts correct and is the proper size and location)
Picture #2.. First the letter ”B” is engraved. Notice the size is stretched in only the Y axis. Then the box is cut around the letter. Notice the box is shifted down also. If I cut the box first it would be lined up with box in picture #1
I have generated a file using only Laser Cad same problem. So, it is probably not a Corel Issue.
OK, now here is the questions. Could the DSP control software be the issue? I downloaded the latest version of Laser Cad didn’t help. Might Light Burn Help?
Is it the controller? Marco, Could I bring the controller in and have you test it? I would be willing to pay for diagnostic fee, or Do you have a controller that I can borrow to test this with.
Thanks for reading this! All help will be greatly appreciated.
Bruce
Attachments
engraveing issue.jpg
Tech_Marco

Re: Engraving problems with AWC608C controller?

Post by Tech_Marco »

Can you post screenshot over user and manufacturing parameters here so that I can review.
What you want to do is to draw a long box say X:10, Y:100. Then, do it over engraving and another next to it for cutting. Compare the result. I guess the one with engraving on it could end up longer than the cut.

Let me know

Marco
htrowrod

Post by htrowrod »

Thanks Marco, I will get those photo's tonight.
Bruce
htrowrod

Post by htrowrod »

Ok Marco here are the photo's you asked for. Please let me know if you need something else.

Thanks,
Bruce
Attachments
IMG_06111.jpg
IMG_06111.jpg (63.36 KiB) Viewed 17625 times
IMG_06081.jpg
IMG_06081.jpg (83.09 KiB) Viewed 17625 times
IMG_06071.jpg
IMG_06071.jpg (58.98 KiB) Viewed 17625 times
IMG_06061.jpg
IMG_06061.jpg (69.6 KiB) Viewed 17625 times
htrowrod

Post by htrowrod »

Marco on the letter "B" I posted earlier the cut "B" was 2.7" tall. The engraved one ended up being 3" tall
mrsunnylam

Post by mrsunnylam »

I notice the pulse edge on both (X) and (Y) axis is set to rising edge. could you change that to falling edge? and retest
htrowrod

Post by htrowrod »

Thanks for the response. Should I change just one or should I change both?
mrsunnylam

Post by mrsunnylam »

both
htrowrod

Post by htrowrod »

This is ,my daughter's laser and she hasn't had a chance to try the change to laser settings. I will keep everyone informed.
Bruce
n8hawes

Post by n8hawes »

Ok, we changed both to falling edge and did the same test with the rectangles...same results as before. The engraved one is longer.
mrsunnylam

Post by mrsunnylam »

it is possible that your stepper motor driver and/or you motor may be going out.
htrowrod

Post by htrowrod »

Marco, did I post the right pictures that you asked for?
htrowrod

Post by htrowrod »

Thanks for the post Mr, Sunnylam, There is no issues when you cut a square using both. Only changes when you engrave.
htrowrod

Post by htrowrod »

Help?
Marco, are you out of town or what you asked me to post pictures which I did a while back. I got one reply on a setting which made no difference.

So, is it the controller? Once again Marco, Could I bring the controller in and have you test it? I would be willing to pay for diagnostic fee, or Do you have a controller that I can rent/borrow to test this with. Can I buy just the controller?

This is my daughters laser and I hate to see it just sitting there and not being able to engrave on it. I talked them into buying this controller from you because you are a local company and you and your team speak English in case we need help.
Thanks for reading this! All help will be greatly appreciated.
Bruce
jlc2161

Post by jlc2161 »

Hi there, It seems that your Y um is off when engraving, I would also suggest the built-in ‘um’ calculator on the LaserCad to find the correct ‘um’ value, draw a square 100 mm X 100 mm, cutting, then engrave to make sure it remains within the square.
Also have you try swapping drivers?, plugging the Y stepper motor to the X stepper driver and the X motor to the Y driver. Try engraving and see if the same problem remains.

Return to “DSP X7”