X7 lite help

littletim777

X7 lite help

Post by littletim777 »

I bought a used k40 with the LO-X7 life upgrade and it has the AWC708C controller. I am trying for figure out what it is capable of and have some questions.

1. What is the latest firmware I should be using and where do I get it?
2. Can it do greyscale?
3. I can’t connect to the laser with RayCam but can with LaserCAD so does that mean it is an older version?
4. If it is the older version can it be upgraded to the with firmware to use the raycam?
5. What are the new features of the new version x7?

Any help would be great. I bought this and it was just the laser no software or manuals for anything so learning on the fly.
Techgraphix

Re: X7 lite help

Post by Techgraphix »

If it doesn't connect with RayCam, it's a somewhat older version of the X7 and it has to be used with LaserCad. Personaly i think there is not much difference in functionality.
Grayscale is a feature in the Software. I found one version of LaserCad at Sinjoe's that had a grayscale function. Grayscale engravings can improve but you have to go to a lot of settings (trial and error) for each material to get the improvement. I'd rather enhance my pictures in software like Photoshop.
For upgrading to RayCam you need to send the controller to LightObject, but i don't know if Marco still offers that service to the AWC/X7 controllers..
But, again, i'm not convinced it is worth the effort..
The latest LaserCad and firmware can be found on this site (or at the download-pages of Sinjoe)

Kees

Return to “DSP X7”