Speed - MaxPower - MinPower don't match when sending..

cryoteck

Speed - MaxPower - MinPower don't match when sending..

Post by cryoteck »

Hi, I just noticed something:

When I send from Raycam these cut settings: MaxPower: 80% MinPower:75 Speed:15

After it's received on the X7 the settings for the file are:
MaxPower: 25% MinPower: 25% and Speed: 25
?????

Any ideas what would be causing this?

Thank you.

Ps: I've resetted the X7 and restarted RayCam and it is still doing it :)
cryoteck

Re: Speed - MaxPower - MinPower don't match when sending..

Post by cryoteck »

Ok i've done some more testing and here's what I found.

The settings that are sent from RayCam are correct but the X7 Display shows wrong values.

Something weird is that when I use the X7 Keypad to change those values, it doesn't matter what power I enter, It will fire the laser at FULL power even if I enter something like 25%.

Ideas to what is causing this?

Thanks again.
cryoteck

Post by cryoteck »

Still trying to figure this out...

Questions: I bought my X7 on the 4/11/2017, what firmware should be installed? Or is there a firmware upgrade available for this DSP?

Once again what's happening:

- I create a file in Raycam with the settings of MaxPower:80%, MinPower:75%, Speed: 25mm/s
- I Send (download) this to the X7 using Ethernet or USB (doesn't matter)
- When looking at the X7 Screen after download, the settings displayed on the screen are not the same...
- But, if I "Start" the job, it works fine... Speed, power, all ok
- If I try to go in and change the settings on the X7 to reflect what was sent, then if I run the job after those changes, the Laser is at FULL power no matter the what power setting I changed on the X7 using the keypad.

That's it so far, thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this. :)
cryoteck

Post by cryoteck »

Hi again folks!

Well I figured out how to see the right settings (Power/Speed) once the file is on the DSP X7...

- After sending the file from RayCam, the settings you see on the LCD screen are not representative of the settings of the file.
- You need to press "Enter" on the keypad "twice" to get to the "Layer Param Setting"
- You then choose the Layer you want to change the settings for, and press "Enter" again.

-Once there you will see the "Right" settings for that layer and you can change them.

So you would need to do this for each layer you have.

Funny that the main screen doesn't show the right settings, but at least now I can change the settings from the "Layer Param setting" page and not have to resend the file from RayCam everytime I want to change something.

So there you go, problem solved, maybe this information will help someone else :)

Cheers!
mrsunnylam

Post by mrsunnylam »

On my DSP it did the same thing but when the job started it went to the right power settings programmed in raycam. but if I wanted to test fire the settings that are on the LCD is higher or lower that percentage is correct for that.For Example, when I am doing a beam alignment I can manually put it to 12 percent , just enough to put a burn mark on a piece of paper. I don't want to go too high because the paper will just catch on fire. With that said, when I do a job and have different settings for different layers , it will change according to the layer settings.

Return to “DSP X7”