Speed of scan engraving doesn't grow

asbest

Speed of scan engraving doesn't grow

Post by asbest »

Hello!
I use DSP controller. When I'm trying to grow speed (from 10 mm/sec to 20 and more) it doesn't.
Moreover. When I make speed 20 and more quality is completely lost (strong tortuous along the edges) when I make it more (>30), the laser head makes long continuous line, stops and on a board is written "Not enough extended space" errors.
I tried to regulate revers interval for every speed value, but it doesn't matter.
Why?
Thanks!
twehr

Re: Speed of scan engraving doesn't grow

Post by twehr »

asbest wrote:Hello!
I use DSP controller. When I'm trying to grow speed (from 10 mm/sec to 20 and more) it doesn't.
Moreover. When I make speed 20 and more quality is completely lost (strong tortuous along the edges) when I make it more (>30), the laser head makes long continuous line, stops and on a board is written "Not enough extended space" errors.
I tried to regulate revers interval for every speed value, but it doesn't matter.
Why?
Thanks!
Speed is regulated by two things - the speed you tell it for the object you are cutting/engraving and the max speed that is set on the controller. If you tell it to go 20 and the max speed on the controller is set to 10, it will only go 10. Verify that your max speed is something more than what you are trying to run.

I am not sure about your quality issues - would help to see some pics of what you are describing.

The extended space error you are getting has to do with the scanning and speed. The faster you tell it to go, the more room that is needed on either side of the image to allow the head to get up to speed. Try increasing your max x acceleration speed (try 10000). That lets it get up to speed faster. If your machine cannot handle high acceleration speeds, you will need to move the material you are engraving over further, leaving space between x=0.0 and the left edge of your material.

Look at my post here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=277&start=0&hilit=extended for a better description of the extended space issue.
asbest

Post by asbest »

Thanks, Tim!
I've coordinated controller and program speeds. And then adjusted acceleration sweep speeds X Y axis (up 10 to 8000 mm/sec). It was generally.
Unfortunately, program can't scan engraving objects separately - it will be very convenient and faster.
twehr

Post by twehr »

asbest wrote:Thanks, Tim!
I've coordinated controller and program speeds. And then adjusted acceleration sweep speeds X Y axis (up 10 to 8000 mm/sec). It was generally.
Unfortunately, program can't scan engraving objects separately - it will be very convenient and faster.
Not sure I was clear. It is the acceleration speed you want to increase, not the sweep speeds. But if it is workings, that is good.

As for the separate scans. Each bitmap will be a different (DSP) layer, so that should not be an issue. If you mean that you can not scan the vector objects separately, then all you need to do is make each object a different color, either a different fill color with no color for outline or just change the outline color. It is the outline color that determines how the DSP interprets layers.
baccus61

Post by baccus61 »

Hi guys,
I needed to set my acceleration on the X axis to 30,000 for it to process the file properly.
My start off speed is set at 10mm/s and max at 200mm/s but I have a fairly heavy gantry set up so my top speeds aren't as good as the smaller tables.

Maybe someone here can send you their .INI file so you can just load that in and off you go.

It would be so much easier for every one if that happened.

Maybe we could set up a couple of INI files for people with different machines and then all thay would have to do is input their table sizes and aff they go.

Just a thought.

Richard.

Return to “DSP X7”