um not rescaling objects - Raycam 19 and X7

amob005

um not rescaling objects - Raycam 19 and X7

Post by amob005 »

I'm trying to scale objects in raycam by adjusting um, but I'm not able to get the scaling to work. Modifying um changes only the size of the workspace, but the object size remains the same. I cut objects with different um and the size of the object is identical every time. I am using Raycam 19 with X7 and windows 10.

I also have an awc608 and lasercad 6.88 on another machine which I have been using for years. um change works fine with that machine. I have tried to duplicate the settings in raycam, but have had no luck.

I am importing as DXF from illustrator.

I would change size in source file, but it's not practical because I need to run two machines with the same size image templates. I need to be able to modify scaling using um or some other tool in raycam.

I would like to use lasercad, but lasercad is unable to communicate with X7.

I know I am missing something, but don't know what it must be. Hopefully somebody can please help? Thank you!
amob005

Re: um not rescaling objects - Raycam 19 and X7

Post by amob005 »

I have figured it out. For anybody with similar issues:

1. Options
2. System Options
3. Manufacturer Parameters
4. Click READ
5. Click SAVE.
6. Enter Password "608" for X7 machine
7. Enter your desired parameters.
8. Click SAVE again.

The changes should now be successful.
rrmoreau

Re: um not rescaling objects - Raycam 19 and X7

Post by rrmoreau »

After reading this comment about um not scaling, I am truly amazed that if this is correct, why hasn't Lightobject added this step into their manual regarding setup of the rotary. I have been working on this problem for more than three weeks now with no solution.
I tried the password and entered the appropriate info for the "expected" and "actual" mm for the pulse unit calculation. The result was an immediate change to the size of the of the rectangle test that I engraved; I then went back into Raycam and tried to change the pulse unit to what I had measured for the newest test, but when I used the same steps, click READ, SAVE, ENTER PASSWORD, the program only came back with a message of :"PLEASE, WAITING" and would not allow me to enter the password.

So, right now I'm stuck again. Any added comments to this process is more than welcome.

Roger M.

Return to “DSP X7”