Water, Door, foot safety features

neuman5022

Water, Door, foot safety features

Post by neuman5022 »

Hi Guys,

Those safety features - are they stopping only the laser from firing or the laser AND machine movement ?

Cheers

Isaac
Techgraphix

Re: Water, Door, foot safety features

Post by Techgraphix »

If you connect them to the controller (rather than the VV-Laserpower-supply) it will stop the machine.
In fact it is not stopping but pausing it.. After you closed the door, got the waterflow right or pressed the (foot-)switch you can resume the job at exactly the same place as where it was paused by pressing START.

Kees
neuman5022

Post by neuman5022 »

Hi again Kees,

In the LO DSP connection diagram - the water sensor is connected only to the laser PSU.

In TROCEN diagram - the water protection (cooler) is connected to both - the controller AND the laser PSU.

If I wish to connect my water sensor to the controller as mentioned above - do I need to connect to both ? If connecting only to the controller - do I need to bridge the WP and G on the Laser PS ?

Many thanks

Isaac
Techgraphix

Post by Techgraphix »

Just connect your WP-switch to the controller only.. On the HV-laser-powersupply you need to short the WP to GND.
In that way the controller "knows" when it goes wrong with the waterflow and will act (it will pause).
When the flow is OK again you can continue where it paused..

If you should connect the flowswitch to the HV-supply, the controller doesn't know it and will continue working. BUT there is no lasering.. Your work is wasted..

Kees

Return to “DSP X7”