First time firing my LO-x7 - got some issues

neuman5022

First time firing my LO-x7 - got some issues

Post by neuman5022 »

Hello guys,

Fired up the X7 - X,Y Z axis are working fine. Two issues: (I ran this without the Laser PSU)

1. I cannot set the Hardware limit switches in the manufacturer parameter page - I press the "read" then tick the HW limit and "save" with password,
press "Reset" and when I do "read" again - the tick is gone... My limit switches don't work - checked continuity however I guess the machine does not see them for some reason. Strangely enough - the "up" and"Left" are work in Homing, but they don't work when I push them to see if they stop.

2. Tried to run a small program of a square - file loaded OK but when pressing START - machine goes to PAUSE with a 0% or 25% ... does this have to do anything with the Laser PSU not working ? Is there a way to run the file with no laser power?

Many thanks

Isaac
Techgraphix

Re: First time firing my LO-x7 - got some issues

Post by Techgraphix »

I know there are some issue's wit programming the X7 with LaserCad. I had that with the waterflow. Best is to enter the setup on the X7 itself bij pressing SHIFT STOP simultaniously. Do your settings there and it will be set. Althoug you probably won't see them when you use Read in LaserCad, they do function.
Check te level of your emercency-stop, doorswitches etc. When they are set at the wrong level, your machine will be in Pause and do not start when you press START.
Check if your date and time is correct. If it resets every time you power-up the machine, you are likely to replace the Lithium-cell in the display-unit of the X7. Some settings will also be lost when this is the case.

Kees
neuman5022

Post by neuman5022 »

Thanks Kees

I am using RayCam, however I assume your advice will be the same for LaserCad too.

I did not know about the SHIFT + STOP option - I will give it a go.

Thanks

Isaac
SWMS

Post by SWMS »

I wouldn’t worry about hardware limits.

Once the machine has homed and used those limit switches your settings will stop the gantry/carriage crashing in to the limits.

I am not a fan of hardware limits since if you get interference from your motors you can get false triggers.

That said if your machine is designed well your limit switches should either use shielded cable and or be positioned no where near your motors.

I can’t commemt on the rest but Kees has anyway. :)
neuman5022

Post by neuman5022 »

Hi SWMS

Yes - I have set my machine to the X and Y range, and when the machine homes, I can't move beyond the 0,0 and also beyond my range setting (in my case 550 and 300)

My concern was that the machine rejects the option of hard limits.

I have 2 CNC machines where I Installed hard limit switches but not using them - Soft limits are fine by me.

Thanks for your input

Isaac

Return to “DSP X7”