Decelerate after engrave

dean448

Decelerate after engrave

Post by dean448 »

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this. I have high speed engrave passes followed by low speed cutting. I'm noticing that it takes a few cm to slow down after that transition. So the cut doesn't burn thru because its decelerating from 300 mm per sec. Running Raycam on a new X7 controller. Is there a setting to force the controller to complete the previous cut?
Tech_Marco

Re: Decelerate after engrave

Post by Tech_Marco »

What are you trying to cut with 300mm/s??
I can’t image anyone would do cutting for over 150mm/s of which we do outline of an object instead of cut through. You can’t break the natural of physics by not allowing stopping without acceleration oand/or deceleration. You may, however, adding delay (extend) the firing. Let me check the feature when I got back to my shop

Marco
dean448

Post by dean448 »

So its an X_swing cut on a bmp file at 300. then I'm trying to cut the photo out at 7. I noticed it again when engraving text. I guess I could put the engrave pass last but my preference is to always do engrave cuts then cut thru in case the material moves when you cut thru.

I also had issues with the Y axis stepper which I fixed, so I'll post back if it goes away. So if this isn't something others have seen it probably the machine.
dean448

Post by dean448 »

It was the machine. works fine now. sorry for bringing it up

Return to “DSP X7”