Auto Focus info????

TheSniper

Auto Focus info????

Post by TheSniper »

All,
Im endeavoring to add a capacitance sensor to my Machine as the auto focus switch. While I found a few posts even by Marco testifying that it works.
I have found nothing regarding 1 the wiring of "any sensor" and 2: nothing regarding how the Auto Focus works.

I am mystified . the X7 as a sales point says supports Autofocus. etc... but nothing?

2 I am an avid 3d Plastic printer as well. evenly printer has auto focus feature in the 3d printer realm we call it "Auto bed leveling" same idea but its done on the fly. very nice feature.

3: if I cannot get any useable feedback Ill build my own using a Arduino or Rasp Pi . should be quite easy. But you would think And I quote "As usual, it supports Auto Focus" right from the sales page.

-S
Techgraphix

Re: Auto Focus info????

Post by Techgraphix »

There are a few ways of autofocus possible:
1: when you lay your -flat- material on the bed, the autofocus will raise the bed (or lower the head if you constructed it that way) till the sensor is triggered. This is one time at the beginning of the job. After that the distance will be stationairy. This is standard for the X7
2: Continuous autofocussing: when your material is NOT flat the height will be controlled continuously. This is not standard and needs an extra device.
Using autofocus, you must set Z-for autofocus in the software.

Kees

Return to “DSP X7”