Please help: Engraving bad on beginning and end

typomaniac

Please help: Engraving bad on beginning and end

Post by typomaniac »

Hey,

this is a problem i have been asking this forum before. I have no epxlanation for this. When engraving something like laquered surfaces or andodized surfaces i always have the problem, that there are differences in the engraving even when the surface is totally flat. They seem to occur at the beginning of an engraving block and at the end (ok the example also looks like the same thing occurs in the middle). In the attached image you can see what i mean at the letter »g« where there is still some color left on the top and on the bottom. This happens all the time with similar material and it cannot be removed with alcohol since it is still in the surface. This is really important for me and the reason why i cannot really do serious work with anything but wood. When engraving with cermark there are similar issues. Some parts of the engraved image can be removed: Maybe there is not enough power.

Thank you so much - i am really frustrated ...

tm
Attachments
20170115_173336.jpg
Tech_Marco

Re: Please help: Engraving bad on beginning and end

Post by Tech_Marco »

Turn on more gas and increase power to 'vaporize' the paint

Btw, you didn provide any info like power and speed so can't really tell much about it but guessing

Marco

Return to “DSP X7”