Rotary Engraving?

Spleen
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:04 pm

Rotary Engraving?

Postby Spleen » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:44 pm

About 6 months ago I bought an extra motor controller and the "pro" rotary engraver and wired everything up only to find that the firmware didn't support a third axis for rotary (U axis), it had to be X or Y which meant manually changing the engrave settings in shift-stop menu every time I take it on or off. You told me the feature would be added in the new version of lasercad (was unnamed at the time). I was checking the forums today and it looks like the new software is out! I also see on a few threads you put the same features in LaserCad as you went along.

So, is this feature out yet? Is it in the new LaserCad? Do I need to send my controller card to use the rotary still?

Excited to finally use this!

prcdslnc13
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:31 pm

Re: Rotary Engraving?

Postby prcdslnc13 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:14 am

I dont even see the rotary scaling option in the newest versions. Whats going on with that Marco?

Azuria
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:23 am

Re: Rotary Engraving?

Postby Azuria » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:15 am

Any news on this?

Azuria
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:23 am

Re: Rotary Engraving?

Postby Azuria » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:37 pm

Still nothing? :)

Tech_Marco
Posts: 4308
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Rotary Engraving?

Postby Tech_Marco » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:45 pm

Since RayCam lanced, the 4th axis (U axis) can be used for the rotary. I have answered it so many times if you were on this forum.
In order to upgrade your X7 to run on Raycam, you need to send your card to upgrade it. You pay return shipping cost and $5 handling fee. We don't charge labor to do the upgrade. Note that I don't consider the shipping or the $5 as an upgrade fee but simply packing and unpacking. If I had to charge the labor fee, I would have to ask for $30 at least to cover the time for setting things up.

FYI, the Y movement will be disabled when rotary is enabled on 'U' drive. So, you need to use the keypad to move the laser head to the rotary location before enabling the rotary or you can't move the Y. Someone may not like it but I have no control because the manufacturer didn't allow it, yet. Will see if I can get the programmer to improve it.

Marco

TheSniper
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:05 am

Re: Rotary Engraving?

Postby TheSniper » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:01 pm

Tech_Marco wrote:Since RayCam lanced, the 4th axis (U axis) can be used for the rotary. I have answered it so many times if you were on this forum.
In order to upgrade your X7 to run on Raycam, you need to send your card to upgrade it. You pay return shipping cost and $5 handling fee. We don't charge labor to do the upgrade. Note that I don't consider the shipping or the $5 as an upgrade fee but simply packing and unpacking. If I had to charge the labor fee, I would have to ask for $30 at least to cover the time for setting things up.

FYI, the Y movement will be disabled when rotary is enabled on 'U' drive. So, you need to use the keypad to move the laser head to the rotary location before enabling the rotary or you can't move the Y. Someone may not like it but I have no control because the manufacturer didn't allow it, yet. Will see if I can get the programmer to improve it.

Marco



Marco, What about those of us who choose not to do the upgrade? how does one interact with the U axis option in Lasercad? I have searched and searched. In the past I have cheated and swapped out my. X or Y axis for the Rotary table... then switched. it back when done. I now have wired in a dedicated U axis port. hopefully for my rotary axis. where and how does this work in Lasercad? TIA. S

Tech_Marco
Posts: 4308
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Rotary Engraving?

Postby Tech_Marco » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:24 am

You can't use U axis for rotary on X7 without running Raycam. You have to setup 'Y' axis or 'X' for that purpose.

Marco

TheSniper
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:05 am

Re: Rotary Engraving?

Postby TheSniper » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:38 am

Tech_Marco wrote:You can't use U axis for rotary on X7 without running Raycam. You have to setup 'Y' axis or 'X' for that purpose.

Marco



Thanks for the reply, But then why when I purchased it it did say it supported a "U Axis / Rotary axis" you have now changed the website to say it must use "Raycam" which is now extra for those of us who supported it to begin with.

Im not gonna lie Im not to happy about that. very disappointed.
-S

Tech_Marco
Posts: 4308
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Rotary Engraving?

Postby Tech_Marco » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:46 am

When did you purchase it? What is your order number? Raycam doesn't cost any $ and you're free to download it
I have mentioned that for certain customers (within certain time), they can send the card back to me to upgrade.

TheSniper
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:05 am

Re: Rotary Engraving?

Postby TheSniper » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:57 am

Tech_Marco wrote:When did you purchase it? What is your order number? Raycam doesn't cost any $ and you're free to download it
I have mentioned that for certain customers (within certain time), they can send the card back to me to upgrade.



Order:206403 09/03/2015. But last I recall (I've been following the Ray Cam innovations since you started the quest for its name. In fact I think I was one of the first to case a name vote.)
you were going to charge 30.00 for the upgrade and it was not reversible. I can PM you my Purchase info. Im still curious why when this was new.
and the Lasercad manual says in it that the U/Rotary axis is supported.
-S

Tech_Marco
Posts: 4308
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Rotary Engraving?

Postby Tech_Marco » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:03 pm

The new feature launched on Oct 2016!
I don't promise n one that the U axis for rotary would be installed or whatever, I only told that the feature was on my wising list to get the programmer to add it. You have a whole year to get send it to me for upgrade but you didn't and now getting pissed on me??

TheSniper
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:05 am

Re: Rotary Engraving?

Postby TheSniper » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:18 pm

Tech_Marco wrote:The new feature launched on Oct 2016!
I don't promise n one that the U axis for rotary would be installed or whatever, I only told that the feature was on my wising list to get the programmer to add it. You have a whole year to get send it to me for upgrade but you didn't and now getting pissed on me??



No, I am not "Pissed off" and No I didn't purposely wait 1 year.
What I did do was read the description back when I bought the controller. It id say it supports a rotary axis / U axis. My original Q was how. After looking at the new X7 product description you or someone has modified tit to say "With the RayCam" which did not even exist back then. So again I am not Pissed or mad. just disappointed that now LaserCad is apparently getting eclipsed by RayCam. and for those of us who have not made the switch. frankly left in the wake of it. As you can see I have always been a supporter of Light Object and your products am I not allowed to be disappointed. that now Im told I don't have U axis support? -S

Tech_Marco
Posts: 4308
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Rotary Engraving?

Postby Tech_Marco » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:31 pm

I don't know what is wrong here?! I always allow my customer to send the card back for upgrade, didn't even read my posts before? And instead of charging $30, I only asked my customers to pay for the shipping and basic $10 for handling fee? Did I ask too much? If you still think that $10 still cost you too much, then just send the card back with return shipping and I upgraded it to you.

The reason that we switched to Raycam because the manufacturer are selling the cards to everyone regardless US or China and that given us so much impact. We tried really hard to get more features on the X7 and added more tools on it. But instead of being royalty customer, many of them came to our site download the software and/or manual and buy elsewhere. That's the main reason I switched it to Raycam with a few features only available to the X7. You got my points?

I hope you understand that I never promised you or anyone that any feature(s) must be included. I have so many idea to make the card to work better. But with lack of support from the programmer, I could hardly get many of those 'wish item' implemented. Your purchase was a year before the U axis launched and there is no reason for you to get unhappy (or upset) whatever you have the feeling toward to LO. Sorry I won't take the blame because I didn't make that promise. Some customers even posted links to ask my customer to buy from Alibaba but shared our works here or get support here. In fact, I have more reason to get upset than anyone, agreed?!

TheSniper
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:05 am

Re: Rotary Engraving?

Postby TheSniper » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:22 pm

Tech_Marco wrote:I don't know what is wrong here?! I always allow my customer to send the card back for upgrade, didn't even read my posts before? And instead of charging $30, I only asked my customers to pay for the shipping and basic $10 for handling fee? Did I ask too much? If you still think that $10 still cost you too much, then just send the card back with return shipping and I upgraded it to you.

The reason that we switched to Raycam because the manufacturer are selling the cards to everyone regardless US or China and that given us so much impact. We tried really hard to get more features on the X7 and added more tools on it. But instead of being royalty customer, many of them came to our site download the software and/or manual and buy elsewhere. That's the main reason I switched it to Raycam with a few features only available to the X7. You got my points?

I hope you understand that I never promised you or anyone that any feature(s) must be included. I have so many idea to make the card to work better. But with lack of support from the programmer, I could hardly get many of those 'wish item' implemented. Your purchase was a year before the U axis launched and there is no reason for you to get unhappy (or upset) whatever you have the feeling toward to LO. Sorry I won't take the blame because I didn't make that promise. Some customers even posted links to ask my customer to buy from Alibaba but shared our works here or get support here. In fact, I have more reason to get upset than anyone, agreed?!




Marco, Ill repeat... IM NOT MAD. geez take it easy.. for the record... here is a screen shot from when I bought the unit.https://web.archive.org/web/20151021065527/http://www.lightobject.com:80/X7-DSP-Controller-card-for-CO2-Laser-Engraving-Cutter-with-color-screen-P940.aspx it says QUOTE: " As usual, it support Auto Focus and Rotary attachment." /End QUOTE Now I realize I said U axis. Back then I always thought that any spare axis was referred to as a an A Axis or B axis. but if you look at my original question I was only interested in how one interacts with the rotary function. that was all. I have ion the past searched on how this actually worked. all with no real solution. this is how what started this . AGAIN IM NOT MAD at YA! when I first bought this unit I had hopes of having it all up and running. in short time. well here I am some 2 years later re visiting the Rotary table portion. simple as that.

If we can move on.. now some of my options: 1: send the unit back and have you flash it to support the new Software. 2: buy another unit all together. 3: do what I have in the past and swap out the Y axis for the Rotary table when needed. 4: go drink some beers. no matter the choice it'll include #4 :)


Go have a few beers on me. (send me the bill Im happy to pay it).

-S

Tech_Marco
Posts: 4308
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Rotary Engraving?

Postby Tech_Marco » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:14 pm

Good to know that you're not getting mad on me :P
I hate to see people blamed on me for things that I didn't commit.

Anyway, you may send the controller back to us for upgrade. Just let you know that the Y movement will be disabled once you enabled the rotary. People blamed on me on that part as well even though it was the company designed the way it is. I have already sent him a request to fix it or to enhance it to some extend. Waiting for his reply. If you don't like it after the upgrade, you can reverse it and keep using LaserCad but not the other way around

I'll take a beer but not four. Two bottle is good enough to knock me down :lol:

Marco


Return to “DSP X7”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests