Rotary Engraving?

Techgraphix

Re: Rotary Engraving?

Post by Techgraphix »

Tech_Marco wrote:Two bottles is good enough to knock me down :lol:
What do you drink? 11% 1 liter bottles? ;)
( :oops: back to topic...)
Kees
TheSniper

Post by TheSniper »

Techgraphix wrote:
Tech_Marco wrote:Two bottles is good enough to knock me down :lol:
What do you drink? 11% 1 liter bottles? ;)
( :oops: back to topic...)
Kees

Yeah Marco! what exactly is that you drink only 2 bottles of? hammer hammer
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I may be a little bit exaggerate of being knocked down by two bottle. But, after one bottle, my face got hot. If lucky I could finish the second bottle, my face would get red and I could walk straight on a waving boat :lol:

I like 'Foaster', an Australian beer but not very popular. Sometimes I may try a bottle of Tsin-Tao but I'd Corona but it tasked quite well when drink with salt and lime. But don't get me wrong, I seldom drink though. May be one beer in a month or two :mrgreen: Sometimes, a glass of red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon). As matter of fact, we're working on some products for the winery in California. So, I got to learn more 'wine' smile

One day I may make some 'rice wine' and share with you guys. It is a special type of low % alcohol with rice and sometimes we boiled with chicken and eggs. Taste really good, especially in winter time! Thinking about 'Open house' to let public to come to our shop to use the machine, especially for school kids. Of course no alcohol for them!!

Marco
TheSniper

Post by TheSniper »

Tech_Marco wrote:Since RayCam lanced, the 4th axis (U axis) can be used for the rotary. I have answered it so many times if you were on this forum.
In order to upgrade your X7 to run on Raycam, you need to send your card to upgrade it. You pay return shipping cost and $5 handling fee. We don't charge labor to do the upgrade. Note that I don't consider the shipping or the $5 as an upgrade fee but simply packing and unpacking. If I had to charge the labor fee, I would have to ask for $30 at least to cover the time for setting things up.

FYI, the Y movement will be disabled when rotary is enabled on 'U' drive. So, you need to use the keypad to move the laser head to the rotary location before enabling the rotary or you can't move the Y. Someone may not like it but I have no control because the manufacturer didn't allow it, yet. Will see if I can get the programmer to improve it.

Marco
Marco , Can we get detailed instructions on how to interact with "U Drive i.e. Rotary axis. Once on Raycam.
Thanks!
-S
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

We're working on it. We just finished a manual for the T9 controller. The X7 will be next

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I’ve been trying to get the programmer ‘Li” to work on some issue on the X7, but I didn’t get any response from him. Often it is very frustrating to deal with suppliers in China. No matter how much effort I have done to the X7. now he care less because sales is picking up.

Marco
Spleen

Post by Spleen »

Marco any news on using U axis for rotary now? I have multiple LO-X7s running LaserCad. If I can finally use my U for Rotary that I bought in 2016 (and havent used yet) I will send them in for the upgrade.
TheSniper

Post by TheSniper »

Spleen wrote:Marco any news on using U axis for rotary now? I have multiple LO-X7s running LaserCad. If I can finally use my U for Rotary that I bought in 2016 (and havent used yet) I will send them in for the upgrade.
Spleen: As just a person like you. I too went down this path so as to send in my unit for upgrade. only to find out the X7 is no longer going to receive any further attention. MY suggestion? is live with what you have or get another controller. Lasercad it self may one day get an update right from anywells. Me? I dumpred the controller went to a controller supported by Lightburn. Im all good to go now. yes it cost some $ and my time. but now Im on track. to recoup that $ and time. just my 2 cents, best luck. Sam
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

@ TheSniper, what you said was not totally true.
First of all, I never told you that there was no further attention to the card, don't know where you got it from. I was telling that I was not going to add any special feature to the card anymore. But if there is any bug found, I can still get the programmer to fix it.

The X7 was launched many years ago and I was assisting the programmer to get many things fixed. It supposed to be operated by two different copies of software, the LaserCad and the RayCam. For example, I wanted U axis as rotary on my version and other things like supporting CS5 , Camera, and other special features only available to my version. However, the programmer only made the rotary as an extra to my version. And, it took him long to get it done. The X7 is very stable and I don't see that any reason to ask for update. To the best I know, most update the programmer put it on the card were useless to most end user in general. He did it per request of those product manufactures in China. All those little things were seamless and you couldn't tell at all. My point is to provide a stable controller better than beta update. True?

Anyway, long story short, I'm now moving to T9 and it comes with most parts that X7 available. This company is more approachable and willing to assist me to support my customers in worldwide. Rotary feature is added and easy to use compare to X7. A special feature on my 'wish list' is to add 're-cut' feature. Instead of starting from the beginning on the second cut when the first cut didn't complete the job well, it allow user to re-cut the session by two mouse click. I think it is a great tool. I don't know if they can do it but at least they are willing to try to add the feature.

I hope all my customer happy and 100% satisfied but the reality tell me that it won't be possible. I don't feel bad at all because me and my team were trying very hard to the best we can to help. Again, we don't own the X7 and we don't own the Anywell. We are just a reseller with good connection to suppliers and we like to do extra to get better products.Period.

Regards
Marco
LightObject Support
TheSniper

Post by TheSniper »

@Marco:

perhaps not "Totally true" but some true :)
For the record. I am not mad nor ever was. I was happy with the controller. despite the shortcomings it may have had and or the attempt to go from LaserCad to the new software. It just wasnt for me. (the process was moving to slow. and the development? again, too slow moving for me.)
I know you put in a lot of time and effort. :(

I moved to a different controller that is supported by LightBurn. Im guessing they "LightBurn" will soon support the X7 ( ie Anywells controller)
by then Ill just have a spare controller for another machine. but for now? IM back up and running with even more features than I started with. Not to mention it runs on a MAC! something Lasercad will most likely never do.
"Life is short live it fast"

Not complaining. just sharing my opinion. not mad either :)

-Sam
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Hey Sam, thank you for your extra effort to clarify things out. I feel very good for your feedback and I am not upset at all. I just want to tell people that we did our best but the programmer is no longer cooperate as well as the old day when they were 'small'. Now, I am taking a bet on the T9 and the company seems more friendly and willing to assist me or relying more on our feedback.
New version of T9 software is coming soon with some goodies added

Regards
Marco
Spleen

Post by Spleen »

Does this mean the T9 does finally support rotary engraving without having to rewire an axis and change the calibration data??

As soon as someone tells me this is a possibility I will upgrade. I've had a rotary axis for 2 years and still unable to use it.

Return to “DSP X7”