Escape to the opposite side

asbest

Escape to the opposite side

Post by asbest »

Hi!
Recently I bought DSP controller board , two stepper drivers PSD5042-2P and upgraded my old chines laser machine (Moshi). I have now a problem.
When I turn it on the head go to the limits (in my case upper right corner) and then in couple seconds laser head promptly escapes to the opposite side (necessary to switch of an emergency stop immediately). Why?
Thanks
baccus61

Re: Escape to the opposite side

Post by baccus61 »

This has to do with the rebound distance after you set the 0,0 point by homing.
After the 0,0 point is set, the gantry is moved away from the stops/switches a pre set amount of your choice to a place on the cutting table.

You may have a jig set up to cut many parts and you may need to cut the same job over several days so you set this rebound distance to the 0,0, position of the jig etc, etc.

I am not sure where this setting is yet as I need to get my new DSP board to set this up myself. You will have to have a long look at the software settings and read the manual on "Homing" and may be you will find the answer.

This is a feature I would dearly love to be able to turn off if I wanted to because sometimes I just want to cut a couple of parts out and don't care where the lens assembly is on the table. I would just set up my material under the head and press start and off it will go. This would also even out the wear on the table parts as you could just start it anywhere you like.
baccus61

Re: Escape to the opposite side

Post by baccus61 »

Just an update on the homing of the laser.
I just worked out that if you press the "Origin" button on the LCD panel then home the laser it will go through the homing sequence then go back to the position on the table where you set the laser using the "Origin" button.
If you want the laser head to be in a certain place then you drive the head to that place on the table then press the Origin button then you can do the homing sequence and the head will come back to that position you set earlier.
This seems like a waste of time to me but that is how they set it up.
I just move the head to where I want then press Origin and away I go. I don't know why you would want to Home the head if it just comes straight back to where you had it in the first place.
Another quirk I don't like much.
Richard.

Return to “DSP X7”