Element E5 dsp water protect wiring question

Dennis1979

Element E5 dsp water protect wiring question

Post by Dennis1979 »

Hi all,

This is my first post here, I bought a Element 5 DSP upgrade kit for my K40 laser engraver.
After 3 weeks of hardware fine tuning, I started today with the wiring. 220v wiring was no problem, but I encounter problems wiring the Water Protect switch.

Do I have to wire the WP switch to the PSU? Or can short the WP wires on the PSU and wire the WP switch directly to the DSP controller (to pin WP and pin GND?). I currently wired the lid (safety) switch to the PSU.
Dennis1979

Re: Element E5 dsp water protect wiring question

Post by Dennis1979 »

After searching a great part of the internet, I'll just wire the lid and the WP switch directly (in series) to the PSU, and no wiring to the dsp controller.
tansh

Post by tansh »

Do you have a water protection flow switch in place? If yes, then connecting it in series from WP to GND at the PSU. If not, then just jump with a wire from WP to GND at the PSU. This is a safety measure to ensure water "always" flows into the laser tube before laser firing up. Firing laser without cooling water would probably crack the tube, be careful.
Dennis1979

Post by Dennis1979 »

Thanks, the machine works, but still having problems, I open another thread in K40, think that is a better place for it.

Return to “DSP X7”