RD5 error with image handling and version.

drandolph

RD5 error with image handling and version.

Post by drandolph »

So I have been running version 8.01.11 for awhile and it's always had a problem where images would randomly flip and parts of the drawings wouldn't output. I just tried upgrading to 8.0.19 and the images are still flipping but it appears that it is at least rendering all the vectors now. Originally I got around this by combining and grouping everything in corel before outputting and it still would flip images. I also see a weird bug where the title bar shows 8.0.11 but the about shows 8.0.19. In my attached image you see the way it's drawn in corel and then how the plug-in sees it and then how it's reporting different versions. Thoughts?

error.jpg
drandolph

Re: RD5 error with image handling and version.

Post by drandolph »

I think I figured out the version problem. Looks like someone forgot to update the vendor info file which also has the version in it as a tx stream. I think it's just a reference point but it's nice if both version dialogs report the same version.

The file is in C:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5\Programs64\RDWorksV8\Vendor\Info_En.txt
drandolph

Post by drandolph »

I'm really surprised nobody is responding to this yet? Am I the only one seeing his images flip on engraving?
GeneMpls

Post by GeneMpls »

This is a fairly common problem- if you ask at RDworkslab.com you will get a response. Gene

Return to “DSP X7”